- 262

- Jamaica
- boesermensch
I use a triple monitor setup, consisting of 1 fat PS3 and two slim PS3's that have seen use only as secondary units for the two outer monitors.
The fat PS3 has been my unit for Gran Turismo since a few years and has seen fairly good use over several years through several iterations of the series.
I use the triple monitor setup since some time with GT5 and hoped I could set it up for GT6 after receiving my three copies of GT6 earlier this week.
Well … GT6 does currently (v1.03) not support multi monitor setups as everyone knows, but this is not the cause of the issues, I have experienced today.
In preparation of things to come with GT6, I have updated all three systems with GT6 and all latest updates, network settings, etc …
For curiosity reasons, I have started to play GT6 on the main system (fat PS3) and have progressed through license test, won races, tried some of the new cars and started to collect a few Lamborghini racers, I tuned thoroughly (looooove that Diablo GT2 with Fanatec CSR Elite + Thrustmaster H shifter via Basherboard adapter).
Today was the second time, the fat PS3 did not boot up, but went dead with the triple beep and flashing red LED.
After reviving it, it looked like a great idea to do a system backup to external media (successfully) and move the backup data to one of the newer, solid systems, which have received already all updates but had pristine, fresh installs. The intention was to drop the fat PS3 and move my save games to the new system.
Here it was, when everything went horribly wrong …
After having finished the backup, I gave the fat PS3 main unit another try, booted and started GT6.
I got a failure message in the tone of "trophy data cannot be read" or alike and the game would exit.
GT6 will go through this loop on the main system - it cannot be started anymore here.
After this experience, I loaded my backup data onto one of the other systems, started GT6 … and the same message appears.
After another boot of GT6 a message, stating that I try to load a save game from another user appears, stating to overwrite my save game !
In short:
My GT6 save game is lost - the backed up save game is useless to me, as it cannot be moved to my other fresh systems.
My fat PS3 main unit seems to work normal (but as it is fluky will be exchanged with a new PS3 coming shortly).
What a mess.
As loading update data to v1.03 takes forever at this spot on the planet (China Mainland) any further attempt of reinstalling everything will be taking it's time.
I am having enough of this waste of time for the rest of the precious weekend.
It all started just with the good intent of wanting a quick, mind soothing spin with the roaring Lamborghini Diablo GT2 around Nordschleife after my morning coffee …
Once I will have the patience again to get into the same room with a PS3, I will surely prepare a solid backup plan upfront.
The fat PS3 has been my unit for Gran Turismo since a few years and has seen fairly good use over several years through several iterations of the series.
I use the triple monitor setup since some time with GT5 and hoped I could set it up for GT6 after receiving my three copies of GT6 earlier this week.
Well … GT6 does currently (v1.03) not support multi monitor setups as everyone knows, but this is not the cause of the issues, I have experienced today.
In preparation of things to come with GT6, I have updated all three systems with GT6 and all latest updates, network settings, etc …
For curiosity reasons, I have started to play GT6 on the main system (fat PS3) and have progressed through license test, won races, tried some of the new cars and started to collect a few Lamborghini racers, I tuned thoroughly (looooove that Diablo GT2 with Fanatec CSR Elite + Thrustmaster H shifter via Basherboard adapter).
Today was the second time, the fat PS3 did not boot up, but went dead with the triple beep and flashing red LED.
After reviving it, it looked like a great idea to do a system backup to external media (successfully) and move the backup data to one of the newer, solid systems, which have received already all updates but had pristine, fresh installs. The intention was to drop the fat PS3 and move my save games to the new system.
Here it was, when everything went horribly wrong …
After having finished the backup, I gave the fat PS3 main unit another try, booted and started GT6.
I got a failure message in the tone of "trophy data cannot be read" or alike and the game would exit.
GT6 will go through this loop on the main system - it cannot be started anymore here.
After this experience, I loaded my backup data onto one of the other systems, started GT6 … and the same message appears.
After another boot of GT6 a message, stating that I try to load a save game from another user appears, stating to overwrite my save game !
In short:
My GT6 save game is lost - the backed up save game is useless to me, as it cannot be moved to my other fresh systems.
My fat PS3 main unit seems to work normal (but as it is fluky will be exchanged with a new PS3 coming shortly).
What a mess.
As loading update data to v1.03 takes forever at this spot on the planet (China Mainland) any further attempt of reinstalling everything will be taking it's time.
I am having enough of this waste of time for the rest of the precious weekend.
It all started just with the good intent of wanting a quick, mind soothing spin with the roaring Lamborghini Diablo GT2 around Nordschleife after my morning coffee …
Once I will have the patience again to get into the same room with a PS3, I will surely prepare a solid backup plan upfront.