Trivia question - what car can not be traded ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gumpy
  • 17 comments
  • 693 views
Messages
1,119
In my quest for all prize car / colour combinations I am using up to 3 memory cards and trading between game saves. This way you can win even the single race series cars more than once to get all the colours. You can also win the prize cars from championship series multiple times without having to rerace.

In my travels I came across something interesting.

Anyway, here is a trivia question.

What car can not be traded between gamesaves ? It is not a hybrid or hidden car. I am aware of 1 but I guess there may be more. I thought I had an explanation for it and that at least one other car would be the same but I was wrong. So I don't know why it is the case.

I will post the answer in a little while after seeing if anyone knows the answer.

EDIT: I think this may be a PAL only issue.
 
is it the viper team oreaca ( or wateva) the gtsr race car....just guessing
 
Originally posted by HsV_CoUpE
is it the viper team oreaca ( or wateva) the gtsr race car....just guessing

Not that I know of.

What I did was won the Honda S2000 and then tried to trade it. A message came up saying, "This car can not be bought. You must win it."

In the PAL version there is no resale value for the Honda S2000 so I assume that is why.
 
wich s2000, the one that u win from the type r race in ameture league, the one that cant be bought?
 
Originally posted by HsV_CoUpE
wich s2000, the one that u win from the type r race in ameture league, the one that cant be bought?

It is the Honda S2000 that is won at the Amateur Type R Meeting which can not be bought.

There is the Honda S2000 type V that can be bought but it is the other one I am talking about.

In an NTSC car list it looks like they can buy it as well as win it but not in my PAL version.
 
we got stooged i pal version i mean 2 f1 cars while those ntsc get about 6! its just not fair, i want the american f1's :(
 
k, there's 3 S2000's u could win in Amatuer Type-R.

1. S2000 (regular, amber turn signals)
2. Mugen S2000
3. Spoon S2000
 
Originally posted by HsV_CoUpE
we got stooged i pal version i mean 2 f1 cars while those ntsc get about 6! its just not fair, i want the american f1's :(

Or at least all the different colours. Although I would love an extra 200hp on the turbo F1s aka F686.
 
Originally posted by booyah
k, there's 3 S2000's u could win in Amatuer Type-R.

1. S2000 (regular, amber turn signals)
2. Mugen S2000
3. Spoon S2000

S2000 (regular, amber turn signals) - 3 colours. Car cannot be bought or sold.
Mugen S2000 - 7 colours (all with black bonnet) - car can be traded.
Spoon S2000 - same 7 colours as above but not black bonnet - car can be traded

Yes I have got the black bonnet on the right car. The Spoon Civic has the black bonnet but for some reason in the S2000s it is the Mugen with the black bonnet.
 
my mugen is white with a black hood and a red one with black hood, they look sexy ;) oh and that 926 hp f1 does look like fun :(

damn pal :mad:
 
The collection of S2000s looks quite good IMO. When I have finished and got my video camera fixed I will post the collection, probably along with some of the others.

I actually wouldn't mind an S2000 race series or race similar to the Roadster Endurance.
 
didnt know the ntsc version was different from the pal version. if u cant buy the s2000, the only thing u can do is win it.

i guess only the Mugen one has the carbon fibre hood. its for reduced weight.
 
i wouldnt mind a grid of 15 other races....5 opponents just isnt enough like v8 supercars race driver, its fun vursing heaps of people but then it does have some downers i guess ( wich i cant think of but others will prob disagree with me)

a race against 14 other mugen/spoon s2000 and normal ones would be sweet....

i know it'll never happen
 
Originally posted by booyah
didnt know the ntsc version was different from the pal version. if u cant buy the s2000, the only thing u can do is win it.

Yes but all other cars that can only be won eg the F1s can be traded whereas the Honda S2000 can't.

eg the Mugen S2000 can only be won but I won it 7 times to get all of the colours and my second game save bought it 6 times from my first game save.
 
wow that's really wierd that you PAL guys can't buy the 2 different S2000's from the dealership...im on NTSC and i get both at the dealer, by the way does the S2000 come in any unique colors that are worth looking for? the ones that the dealer gives are nice, but i wish i could have a unique color for it....its a unique car, it deserves a unique coat of paint.
thanks in advance
 
Mugen S2000 (J)
- Max power: 243 HP / 8000 rpm
- Max torque: 21.7 ft.lb / 7500 rpm
- Colors:
- New Formula Red
- Midnight Pearl
- Monte Carlo Blue Pearl
- Grand Prix White
- Indy Yellow Pearl
- Silver Stone Metallic
- Berlina Black
- Race(s):
- Type-R Meeting (Amateur)

Spoon are the same colours but without a black bonnet.

Honda S2000
- Max power: 243 HP / 8000 rpm
- Max torque: 21.7 ft.lb / 7500 rpm
- Colors:
- Imola Orange Pearl
- Islander Green Metallic
- Phoenix Blue
- Race(s):
- Type-R Meeting (Amateur)

I personally like the Red Mugen and the Blue Honda. But I would say none of them look bad. The green Honda might take a little getting used to though.
 
IMOLA ORANGE PEARL??? that sounds like just the unique color im looking for! off to do the type R meeting again!!!

thanks tons gumpy and good luck finishing your goal!
 
the normal (Honda) S2000 can not be traded (sold), either can the Chrysler viper GTSR(No.51),you get the one thats the Dodge you can sell it (No.91)
 
Back