Quick Notes​

-Norwegian
-Designed as a 2+2 sports car
-Fiberglass body
-Gutbrod Superior chassis, extended 15 cm
-700cc 2-stroke inline-2, 30 HP
-3-speed Hurth gearbox
-Top speed ~80 MPH
-Only 5 built. Plans were originally for 2,000 cars per year, but were moderated to one per day. Troll Plastik & Bilindustri was told they could only sell 15 in Norway, but never even got that far.

Efforts to produce this car in quantity were, ironically, trolled by international politics. The engineer responsible, Per Kohl-Larsen, was told he was only allowed to sell 15 cars in Norway. This was due to a barter treaty Norway had with the USSR and Eastern Europe - Norway bought Communist cars, the Soviet bloc bought Norwegian fish products. The government was afraid that domestic car production would disrupt this arrangement. Kohl-Larsen wanted to export the cars, but never recieved enough investment capital to start full-scale production - when the Norwegian governement said they never wanted to support the Troll car, all potential investors decided they didn't want to either, and the venture went bankrupt in 1958, after completing just 5 cars.

Please PD, make this thing tunable to about 500 HP so people will be like "I see what you did there" when you outrun their Corvettes and Ferraris with it.

Please PD, make this thing tunable to about 500 HP so people will be like "I see what you did there" when you outrun their Corvettes and Ferraris with it.
Hacking is so annoying. Is what people are going to say when that happens.

The fact it's a lovely little car, and the fact it's the ONLY car manafacturer (sadly.) from my home country, makes this vote easier than ever!

The Troll also looks bloody awesome in real life!

The fact it's a lovely little car, and the fact it's the ONLY car manafacturer (sadly.) from my home country, makes this vote easier than ever!

The Troll also looks bloody awesome in real life!
Wasn't TH!NK originally based in Norway?

Now this would be the ultimate troll car to ever grace Gran Turismo. The Daihatsu Midget has met it's match.

It would be even better if we had the livery editor so we can put some troll faces on it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Wasn't TH!NK originally based in Norway?
They was, but I just hoped nobody knew that :P
I'd rather represent an awesome sports car from Norway, rather than a crappy electric box on wheels.

Situation report: with the car suggestions forum sorted by likes, we are on page 67 of 139. Every new like we get is going to bump us up several places - in some cases several pages. To get on page 1, we need 215 likes, and to become the number one suggestion, we need 1,027 likes, assuming that neither the first nor last cars on page 1 recieve any more likes during that time - highly unlikely. (Also note that at least one other car is close to making it onto page 1).

Back