Trophies :S?

• Thread starter dazzi
  • 24 comments
dazzi45
I was wondering has polyphony said anything about adding trophy support into GT5:P?
IMO it is an easy thing to do and would add something new and nice to the game and would make me want to do it all again :D.
Im not complanining that the game is poor i love gran turismo but im just saying why not add trophy support it wouldnt take more then a day for them to figure out 40 or so challenges and send out a few Mb trophy update.

Yes your right, but I'm not overly concerned about Trophy support. It would be a kinda cool feature...but it would be so easy to get the trohpy's...Unless PD came up with something really challenging!!:sly:
Rusty*

Well something decently challenging would be nice but not to the extent of Ferrari challenge which isnt too challenging but the trophies take dam long to get as in week's and by the time im done with that i will hate the game.
In my opinion the longer trophies should be like "The Collector"-Silver-Purchase and store every car avalible in the game.
Something like 100 Race wins, Get all Golds, a Platinum for collecting all the other trophies as usual something like being in the top 100 for a timetrial would be good etc, I find it really easy to come up with trophies in a racing game the tricky part is doing it in a different Genre just stuns me that they are pretty much sony's flagship party and havent incoporated something that sony is trying to promote :D

it would be nice to have and would give everyone a reason to go back and re-do the whole single player experince. though it would take more then a day to accomplish thats for sure. i would say a week because it would need to be coded then tested then submitted to sony for there testing and bug search so it would take a week maybe 2 to do.

Well something decently challenging would be nice but not to the extent of Ferrari challenge which isnt too challenging but the trophies take dam long to get as in week's and by the time im done with that i will hate the game.
In my opinion the longer trophies should be like "The Collector"-Silver-Purchase and store every car avalible in the game.
Something like 100 Race wins, Get all Golds, a Platinum for collecting all the other trophies as usual something like being in the top 100 for a timetrial would be good etc, I find it really easy to come up with trophies in a racing game the tricky part is doing it in a different Genre just stuns me that they are pretty much sony's flagship party and havent incoporated something that sony is trying to promote :D

I agree, If they had a trophy for top 100 time trial in x track, there'd be thousands more runs on that track for the top 100 times...

I think there is a bigger need for trophies in prologue then in the full game, the full game will be massive like GT4 was like 900 cars 50+ tracks i certinaly know that i wont even think of the trophies but prologue is becoming obsolete quickly and i think this would be a easy way for people to get back into the game, yes we have had car updates but i tend to more worry about events which is a shame that not one update has added more single player events im just saying Trophies would allow me to want to play single player from scratch again while the real game will most likely bore people by the time they reach event 200 or so ;)

The full game will almost 100 % sure have trophies, because at the time it will launch it is very likely that trophies are mandatory by SONY for every game on the PS3 ( Sony had sayd that it will become mandatory for games at a certain point )

As for prologue, while I would like to see them, I doubt it, and honestly ill rather they focus on the actual game play. More cars, tracks, and better online functions, before they start implementing trophies.

I think it safe to say that online will more then likely stick to how it is atm until the full release comes out, If I cant see trophies in prologue Id rather see nothing new because the man power should just be taken of Prologue updates and put into the real game I think they have got enough feedback on what we are looking for in the game ;) but I was just saying trophies because its quiet and easy task anyone with any computer skills could do it as its not time consuming.

We have to remember that GT5 Pologue is exactly what is says on the disc cover....a prologue of what is to come. The more we want for GT5 Pro then it will surely be in the full game. I hope that since we have finished the single player mode in GT5 Pro, those stats should then be transferred over to the full game just like in GT3 -GT4 when we could transfer our License's. Either way the more we ask for things while Prologue is running then more likely it will be in the full version.

I don't like to Transfer my stats from Prologue to GT5.
One. I will already start with License 1, and good amount of credits for a great car.
Two. I prefer the first 50% of the game then 50-100% I Love to be on the budget, lightly modded cars, and not a lot of them.

One. I will already start with License 1, and good amount of credits for a great car.
Two. I prefer the first 50% of the game then 50-100% I Love to be on the budget, lightly modded cars, and not a lot of them.

+1:tup:

indeed it's so much fun the first races and getting better cars and tweaking them!
The later are also fun but the cash you need to upgrade your car was the so great in gt2. I don't think I would transfer my prologue things to gt5, just start the game as it should be:scared:

on topic:

they can easily add trophies, like for endurance races complete, the GT races etc.
It does not add anything for me in games, so many people want trophies why? to show off to your friends? i just play the game for the fun. did we had trophies for like 8 years back? now but the games where great fun too.

So in GT5 it can be done easily, but i wouldn't mind if it don't support trophies.

Last edited:
I just hope that when GT5 comes out that the B-Spec is a lot better that in GT4. I found that i had to sit there and change the B-Specs level from 1-5 depending on the corner it was coming up to. And....i noticed when i started my lap against the ghost B-Spec say on Circuit De La Sarth going down the straight the B-Spec is not on full throttle making the whole experience whack ! If there will be B-Spec in GT5 it needs to be more challenging. It was nice to have it for the Endurance Races though :)

what do you think the trophies will be in gt5?
just win this race, win that race or something more inventive?

Id presonally say that there would be those simple win this race for a trophy but only up to the "Bronze trophies, Id say that the Golds would be more like, Complete all mission hall tiers or Get Gold in everysingle licence test, Silver could be something like accumilate the S class licence, another idea for gold could be complete the 24 hour nurburg without using B-Spec :P

I couldn't care less about trophies so I won't be crying if they don't bother with them. I expect they will though.

Yeah thats right, I never transfered my GT4 Prologue data over. It gives one a too bigger headstart I reckon. It's a challenge to start from scratch, and us guys like a challenge!:D:tup:
Rusty*

I couldn't care less about trophies so I won't be crying if they don't bother with them. I expect they will though.

I think they have to. As of January 2009 all new PS3 titles had to be released with trophy support. And I doubt PD will argue with Sony over that.

That's what I thought. The only thing I want having to do with trophies is a delete option. They just waste development time. Even if it's 5 minutes.

Erm, well, I expect it to really be just an if statement and a variable, lol, so I reckon it would take 5 minutes to implement, but it personally doesn't add anything to the game for me and I don't need them in order to get the most out of my gaming experience but I respect that others do (just like some people like playing for best scores, etc).

However I do enjoy a couple of the challenging trophies from time to time though, such as the "beat the lap time set by one of the dev's" or whatever like the one in Wipeout HD.

I think it safe to say that online will more then likely stick to how it is atm until the full release comes out, If I cant see trophies in prologue Id rather see nothing new because the man power should just be taken of Prologue updates and put into the real game I think they have got enough feedback on what we are looking for in the game ;) but I was just saying trophies because its quiet and easy task anyone with any computer skills could do it as its not time consuming.

I think that when i for example add you as a friend i will see that you're on level 33 or smth for the trophies. Like insanely high, and that you have every game who has trophies... So to me, the way you're trying to defend here that it should have trophies isn't convincing me.

Just be honest and say it from the beginning that you're a trophy addict and then its fine by me, nothing to shame yourself for but this thread is getting kinda weak... Pfff i'm off

They need to give us a platnum trophy in advance for the long wait for the game, or make that 5 platnum for 5 years of nothing but gt5p to play!

Back