Trouble applying car designs, please help

• Thread starter Darkmiss
  • 4 comments
Darkmiss
TK7078
I seem to have great difficulty applying any car designs that I download from the store front.

When I try to apply the design, it can take anything from five to fifteen minutes for it to finish, and sometimes not at all, and I have to reset the console to get back to the game, hoping that i haven't corrupted the save file.

Does this happen to anyone else ?
Does anyone know about this and knows how to correct this ?

If you have the multi-screen option enabled that will also stop you from applying liveries. Switch it off while applying the paint and then back on after you're done.

If you have the multi-screen option enabled that will also stop you from applying liveries. Switch it off while applying the paint and then back on after you're done.

Oh wow this is more likely my problem then, been as I haven't had this or any other file corrupt on me yet.

But why would my multiscreen settings affect this in such a way
i'ts crazy :confused:

Thank you for the replies.

But why would my multiscreen settings affect this in such a way
i'ts crazy :confused:

Not sure. I think it's a networking problem. It wasn't that way in fm3, but sometimes single screen users doing the FOV trick would sometimes have the xbox lock up on them if didn't recognize the network or if the ethernet cable wasn't connected.

For others that may unearth this thread
If anyone gets a file corrupt message while trying to apply storefront items it means you already have a file saved on memory with the exact same name and type.

i.e
Photo file = Forza 20 (saved to HDD)
Photo file = Forza 20 (bought from storefront)
corrupted files

Once you rename the original file you can re-download the storefront file (usually for free) and it will work.

i.e
Photo file = BMW M5 2010 (saved to HDD)
Photo file = Forza 20 (bought from storefront)
Files O.K

Back