Trouble downshifting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter R Dub
  • 11 comments
  • 1,020 views
Messages
40
United States
Chicago
I use a DS3 and always drive in MT and I notice that sometimes it won't downshift even after I press the button repeatedly. The battery is charged and I've tried 3 different controllers. It doesn't happen all the time but enough. Anyone else notice this? Never noticed it in GT1-5.
 
Does this happen with all cars or specific cars?
 
It has happened to me a few times, wasn't sure if it was me or game related. Happened with both DS3 and DFGT if I recall correctly. Think it happened with more than one car as well
 
Can't say I've had the same problem. I don't remember, and it's been a week or so since I played, but does GT6 do anything to stop the player downshifting too early? That's the only non-bug or non-faulty hardware thing I can think of.
 
Does this happen with all cars or specific cars?

No. I noticed it the most with the shifter kart but then again with the C7 Vette and a couple of other cars.


DNW
Can't say I've had the same problem. I don't remember, and it's been a week or so since I played, but does GT6 do anything to stop the player downshifting too early? That's the only non-bug or non-faulty hardware thing I can think of.

Nothing stops from downshifting early, at least that I know of because 98% of the time if you do,the engine just sits on the rev limiter until you upshift

It has happened to me a few times, wasn't sure if it was me or game related. Happened with both DS3 and DFGT if I recall correctly. Think it happened with more than one car as well

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Hopefully PD can fix this in a update.
 
In SuperCar challenge and Ferrari Challenge it was modeled that you couldn't downshift too early, was one of the good things about that series. First thing that came to mind when it happened to me in GT was that but that was not the case.
 
What button do you use to downshift? Does upshifting has the same problem?
 
If you can shift up through the gears and back down OK when stopped, then it's probably that you are trying to downshift too early and the game is not letting you.
 
What button do you use to downshift? Does upshifting has the same problem?
I use L2 to downshift. Never a problem when upshifting

If you can shift up through the gears and back down OK when stopped, then it's probably that you are trying to downshift too early and the game is not letting you.
Yeah it does that just fine. I don't think the game itself will stop you from downshifting too early. The reason I say that is because I was going 160mph in 6th gear and it let me go down to 1st great with no issue. The motor just bounced off the limiter at a million mph.
 
I just used the X2014 stanard and it was awful. Had to switch to AT cause it wouldn't downshift a lot. It was a low revs too
 
Last edited:
Maybe your button is shafted, try mapping accelerate to it or something and see if it works smoothly.
 
It appears to only happen while turning. Don't know why but not a fan. It costs me time. I had was doing the 1st mission race in I-A with the Supra and had to switch to AT because it would never down shift going into the first turns. Hopefully this is something that can get fixed. None of the other GT games had this issue.
 
Back