Trouble with Drivehub

• Thread starter RaceFuchs
  • 6 comments
Germany
Near Nürburgring
DanPrez
Over the last couple of days, i spend some time with the Drivehub, my G29 and the Xbox One. I had issues setting the whole thing up, but in the end, i had a working setup. However, every time i restart the Xbox, getting the Drivehub to work seems like a lottery. For me, it isnt plug & play at all, instead, i see myself sitting there, simply not understanding when and why the Drivehub works or not.

So, what do i do? Xbox One is in quick start / standby mode. I either start the console by touching the front or by pressing the guide button on my elite controller. If the drivehub is connected to the console, nothing happens. It shows “0“ but the G29 doesent calibrate itself. When i unplug the wheel from the drivehub and put it back in, it will calibrate itself and drivehub will show “ G29“. But the xbox won't recognize the wheel. The controller thats plugged into the drivehub is not responding at all, it remains off the whole time. If i press that controllers guide button, it will be recognized by the xbox as a controller - but the wheel remains unusable.

I had it working yesterday, but everytime i switch off the console the whole process starts again and it seems like a gamble to get the whole thing work.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated. If things stay the way they are for me, i have to sell my drivehub and get an G920 instead. Its sad, but i just want to drive - and thats just not possible right now.

Ok, so another day has passed and things turned out smooth this time. I dont know if i will run into trouble again but right now everything works as it should. Xbox stays in standby mode and the drivehub with its wheel and the second controller are just doing their thing - the wheel calibrates itself, controller turns on and G29 can be used. If the xbox is completly powered down, it seems as i have to deconnect the controller from the drivehub and put it back in when the xbox has booted up. This way, everything seems to work. I hope it stays that way. It has been a confusing start with drivehub but playing Forza with FFB is just so much more fun!

I have a similar issue and I believe the quick start / standby mode is the problem. Someone posted earlier in the official gtplanet thread that they changed the Xbox One power settings to resolve.

I have a G29, and I'm considering getting an Xbox One and a DriveHub so I don't have to buy a new wheel. I'm very curious as to the reliability of this combo and if there are any limitations or degradations in performance of the G29 wheel on XBoxOne with DriveHub as compared to its native mode on PS4.

Would appreciate feedback from any of you out there that use this combo.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, so another day has passed and things turned out smooth this time. I dont know if i will run into trouble again but right now everything works as it should. Xbox stays in standby mode and the drivehub with its wheel and the second controller are just doing their thing - the wheel calibrates itself, controller turns on and G29 can be used. If the xbox is completly powered down, it seems as i have to deconnect the controller from the drivehub and put it back in when the xbox has booted up. This way, everything seems to work. I hope it stays that way. It has been a confusing start with drivehub but playing Forza with FFB is just so much more fun!

I always wait till the PS4 or Xbox One has completed booting up - at the login screen before plugging in the Drivehub - never had any problems. When I finish, I disconnect the drivehub. The drivehub also takes a little while to boot before displaying your wheel model and then 0 on the display.

I have a G29, and I'm considering getting an Xbox One and a DriveHub so I don't have to buy a new wheel. I'm very curious as to the reliability of this combo and if there are any limitations or degradations in performance of the G29 wheel on XBoxOne with DriveHub as compared to its native mode on PS4.

Thanks in advance!

I have used a gimx on ps4 for quite a while before getting a drivehub. I can say that the feel on both are exactly the same. It's also the same as if it you had a compatible wheel connected directly to your console. There's no lag and the drivehub and gimx don't take anything away from the experience - FFB is all there.

I would have just used the gimx - much cheaper but you need a pc to work it. The only downside is that it works on ps4 only.

The drivehub on the other hand works on both my PS4 and Xbox One. I can play GT Sport and then switch to Forza 7 in a few minutes using the same wheel - this is what is important to me.

Edit: Forgot to add that I use a Fanatec CSR and Elite pedals now but I have used a G27 in the past so this may apply to your G29 as well.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance!

As i already wrote here, i had some issues setting everything up, but i guess that was pretty much my own fault and not really a flaw of the Drivehub. I'm using the G29 on the Xbox and everything works so far, but you have to be sure to apply the latest beta or release candidate firmware. This is essential.

Latest Posts

Back