truck opinions

  • Thread starter Thread starter INF327
  • 40 comments
  • 1,333 views
Not a bad idea Gil - and since you've got all that money to spend, it wouldn't be a problem if a few things wrong - you could fix it and still save a bundle. Or just get a Toyota Pickup and skip right to the saving. :D
 
Originally posted by M5Power

It doesn't exist - Toyota's Vibe is the Matrix, which is built by Toyota on the Corolla's platform in Canada. [/B]

Well...you're sort of half right...

The Toyota Voltz is (was? I'm not sure if they make it anymore) a direct rebadging of the Vibe. In fact, as you can see in the pictures below, they didn't even "rebadge" it per se, they just made a non-descript chromed arrowhead in place of the Pontiac badge. :D

1_1.jpg

1_2.jpg

1_3.jpg

1_4.jpg

1_5.jpg

1_6.jpg

1_7.jpg

1_8.jpg

1_9.jpg

1_10.jpg

1_11.jpg


The Toyota Voltz is/was built alongside the Vibe in the NUMMI plant in Fremont, CA.
 
Ya thats what I was thinking of! Thanks for the clear up Firebird.

And I love the chrome arrowhead :lol:
 
Well...you're sort of half right...

The Toyota Voltz is (was? I'm not sure if they make it anymore) a direct rebadging of the Vibe. In fact, as you can see in the pictures below, they didn't even "rebadge" it per se, they just made a non-descript chromed arrowhead in place of the Pontiac badge.

And by half right, you mean fully right?

There's no Toyota Vibe. I said it once, and I just said it again. I was aware of the Toyota Voltz, which debuted as a 2003 model in Japan. It was cancelled in November after fourteen months on the market and only reaching 38% of its sales goal. It shared the same panels and underpinnings as the Vibe, whereas the Matrix just shares the underpinnings - still not a Toyota Vibe ... which is what I said originally. :odd:
 
Originally posted by M5Power
Not a bad idea Gil - and since you've got all that money to spend, it wouldn't be a problem if a few things wrong - you could fix it and still save a bundle. Or just get a Toyota Pickup and skip right to the saving. :D

Yea, but you and I both know that there's no such beast as a cheap Toyota. Especially on the Truck/SUV scene, Toyotas are the Hondas (as far as price) of the Truck scene.
 
Originally posted by Gil
Yea, but you and I both know that there's no such beast as a cheap Toyota. Especially on the Truck/SUV scene, Toyotas are the Hondas (as far as price) of the Truck scene.

It's true in every instance except this one. Yes, the 4Runner, RAV4, T100, Highlander, and Tundra are all more expensive than comparable domestic vehicles (and the first three are needlessly more expensive - anyone buying a 4Runner, RAV4, or T100 used without an astonishing discount is stupid) but the old Toyota Truck is a fair price for what it is on the used scene.

You know - this thing:

toyota.jpg
 
Originally posted by M5Power
It's true in every instance except this one. Yes, the 4Runner, RAV4, T100, Highlander, and Tundra are all more expensive than comparable domestic vehicles (and the first three are needlessly more expensive - anyone buying a 4Runner, RAV4, or T100 used without an astonishing discount is stupid) but the old Toyota Truck is a fair price for what it is on the used scene.

You know - this thing:

toyota.jpg

The Marty McFly Special!!!
Yes, those are very cool trucks and they are fairly inexpensive.
27,000 will do you well in that category.
To M5, I concur.
 
Originally posted by Gil
The Marty McFly Special!!!


:lol:

Yes, those are very cool trucks and they are fairly inexpensive.
The best part is that Toyota managed to sell several hundred thousand without ever actually naming it. Nissan did the same thing, in fact - between the two, they probably sold half a million products without names during about a ten-year span.
 
^ Actually they did have a Name. Hi-Lux. In fact, what we now know as Tacoma's are stilled referred to in some countries as Hi-Luxes. But, I suppose for the american market, it didn't need a name since it was the only truck Toyota sold. Oh, and 4-Runners are called 'Surf's. But, yeah, M5, it is odd they sold it without ever advertising it's name or even badging it. And the McFly special was My dream truck as a kid. I'd still like to have one :D
 
Originally posted by 87chevy
^ Actually they did have a Name. Hi-Lux. In fact, what we now know as Tacoma's are stilled referred to in some countries as Hi-Luxes.

Yeah - it was never actually named Hi-Lux in our market. Instead, it was named Hi-Lux in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Australia - pretty much everywhere else they sold it. And though Nissan didn't name their truck until a 1998 redesign called it Frontier, by 1995 (at least), it was known as the Costaud in French-speaking Canada and was being called the Hardbody, though not officially. Still - I've always found it interesting; imagine calling the Camry the "Toyota Sedan."
 
Back