True or False. Scapes is a genius way of doing a photo mode.

• Thread starter shenfrey
  • 2 comments
The more I use scapes, the more I realise just how easy it is for amateur photographers to take incredible shots. It's so fun and so addicting I find myself doing this more than the actual racing.

I can't wait for it to come back in 7, though I am sad that it looks to have remained untouched, further enhancements to the mode would have been a welcome addition, such as being able to open individual parts on the car (doors, trunk etc).

Making the scapes somewhat 3D would have been interesting, and allowing us to have the cars move in the shot to create similar things to what they occasionally show on the menu, and what you'll see on the screen when looking at a car in Brand Central etc.

I love Scapes, it's fantastic fun and if all we're getting is a load of brand new scenes to play with, I'll still be very happy with it.

You never know though, the in game HUD looks the same in the trailer but I'd be amazed if that's the case on release, there's still plenty of time for things to be added and we don't know when the promotional pieces with Scapes were done in the dev cycle.

Nor do we know too much about how it will interact with the GT Cafe.

It’s great. Lacking, but great.

There will be enhancements in 7, we’ll get to move camera up and down (finally). Probably more. we’ll see.

Scenes are somewhat 3D already, so I’m not seeing much improvement here.

Last edited:
Back