Trueno time trial at trial mountain

TrialMountain

(Banned)
I've been working on this for a little while . . .

shigeno trueno at trial mountain with N1 front tires.

If anyone can do 1:59:99X laps or better can you PLEASE make a video I really want to see if you use more or less drift than me, and where.
How fast you cross the finish line, the first checkpoint, and the line for the final left hander before the chicane. . . PWEASE !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJLMvSXHyzs

Total Time for me was 1'55.535. Didn't really care about the checkpoints. Just gonna show the vid and yes it's using N1 tires in front. Use the Shigeno AE86, I like AE86 but the car in games sucks due to lack of spread gear ratios.

Last edited:
dude that's so not the point of the challenge LOL > .<

The point is to be TEARING IT UP

I could get fricking in the 1:40s if I was gonna put on racing tires and drive like a soccer mom <=/

but kudos for taking my challenge and completing it within the day, I must really be getting to yeh huh ;p

I just tweaked my camber a lil, now i don't get oversteer when throttling out of corners anymore either.
im posing like all the same entry and exit speeds as you, it's just a matter of putting together all the perfect corners into one lap and filming this bad boy

dude that's so not the point of the challenge LOL > .<

The point is to be TEARING IT UP

I could get fricking in the 1:40s if I was gonna put on racing tires and drive like a soccer mom <=/

but kudos for taking my challenge and completing it within the day, I must really be getting to yeh huh ;p

I just tweaked my camber a lil, now i don't get oversteer when throttling out of corners anymore either.
im posing like all the same entry and exit speeds as you, it's just a matter of putting together all the perfect corners into one lap and filming this bad boy
Well sorry for the harshness. *bows* Well that's the end for Hot Version, we'll see you next time on Vol.112 lol

Huh? what's that supposed to mean, Don't act all condescending like you won or something.

I only approved your video response so people can see what a n00b who can't drift would do if the only restriction was on the FRONT tires.

this whole time, this whole thing has been about drifting, then you do a grip lap with racing wheels.
and
I smoked you first try by a full tenth, using s3 rear wheels, by the way.

face it, I'm right you're wrong I'm fast you're slow.

understeer is where it is AT

TrialMountain
Huh? what's that supposed to mean, Don't act all condescending like you won or something.

I only approved your video response so people can see what a n00b who can't drift would do if the only restriction was on the FRONT tires.

this whole time, this whole thing has been about drifting, then you do a grip lap with racing wheels.
and
I smoked you first try by a full tenth, using s3 rear wheels, by the way.

face it, I'm right you're wrong I'm fast you're slow.

understeer is where it is AT

Lol you just only said N1 Front tires and didn't say anything for the back tires

and you were supposed to be proving a point, but went ahead and chose r1 and drove like a soccer mom.

why not use n2 or n3 tires this time and show me how your tuning is better than mine

I beat your soccer mom lap with s3 tires anyway so even if your point was to say " i did a faster lap than you with n1 front tires "

you still havn't

I now realise that if it came down to any ONE thing - the REAL limiting factor in lap times is the rear wheels.

shigeno trueno at trial mountain with N1 front tires.

can you PLEASE make a video I really want to see if you use more or less drift than me, and where.

Well next time, put a limit on the back instead of being "OH, N1 Front Tires!"

I think we both need to chill a bit here. It seems to me like both of you are in the wrong.

TrialMountain
and you were supposed to be proving a point, but went ahead and chose r1 and drove like a soccer mom.

why not use n2 or n3 tires this time and show me how your tuning is better than mine

I beat your soccer mom lap with s3 tires anyway so even if your point was to say " i did a faster lap than you with n1 front tires "

you still havn't

I now realise that if it came down to any ONE thing - the REAL limiting factor in lap times is the rear wheels.

I beat your record with S3 tires since I got 1'53.827 just right now.

Last edited:
the only issue is that I am trying to throw out the biggest game-breaker giveaway in regards to suspension tuning and I'm getting all of this back-sass!!!

plus in the other thread you guys use the word toge like it means drift

toge racing aka mountain racing is Just racing except it HappenS that those folks like to drift TOO

now if you want a suspension tuning for mountain racing or just any ol' racing you gotta have a balanced car, you don't want radical plowing to the outside when you turn in and you don't want to be at full countersteer every time you exit a corner with a lil juice

you want just enough understeer in the front that the front wheels slide nicely enough that you don't need to do a whole whack of countersteering and so that you can power out of the corners no-sweat, the drive wheels will take care of allllllllll your oversteer needs so there is really no reason for this slippery-in-the-back-4-toge nonsense (just set your car up to be balanced and no that doesnt mean having all the same values for front and back, this is a car, not algebra.)

No, the word Touge means literally 'pass' as in mountain pass. I speak fluent Japanese so I know what touge means. Now if your racing on a steep, narrow road, you don't want to have to worry about understeer.

Yeah, well, I don't get worried about understeer, especially not when I'm sliding around a 180 corner and it's keeping me from spinning while I'm gassing out of it.

Back