Truly Challenging Races?

• Thread starter DGXR
  • 1 comments
United States
United States
DGXR
DGXR1
I have whipped this game up one side and down the other and now I am looking for races that truly challenge my skill level. (BTW I am not boasting, just saying I have played a lot and am good and now need more challenge.)

So here are the matchups that put my skills to the test:

Mazda RX-7 LM Race car w/stage 1 turbo (or whatever gives it ~588 hp) in the Pro League World Championship Series (10 laps per race). Super-hard slicks and no pit stops.

Any Nissan GT-R LM Race Car w/stage 1 turbo (~625 hp) in the Pro League JGTC (15 laps per race). Hard slicks, one pit stop.

And of course, any fully-pumped race car in the Pro League All-Stars... The Toyota GT-One, Nissan R390 GT1 and 787B Race Cars are relentless! my fave car to drive in this series is the Tommy Kaira ZZII but the S2000 LM is good too. Super-hard slicks, one pit stop.

Driving smoothly with the super-hard slicks will usually last long enough to lap the competition which typically pits once in a 10-15 lap race. But this gets hair-raising when your tires are orange-ish and there's a GT-One on fresh tires pushing from hard from 20 seconds back! This is the sort of challenge I am looking for.

Probably will find more challenges as I search for them, perhaps a fully-pumped Mazda MX-5 (Miata) in the Amateur League World Champ Series or the Pro FR challenge?? Probably not enough power but it's a thought. Maybe the Toyota MR-S (Apex) Race Car without any turbo upgrades in the Pro World Champ series? (just thinking out loud at this point) I have also thought about taking the ~1800 hp Escudo into the Pro League, I don't really like it because I find it does not handle corners well and is hard to drive smoothly, but that might give some challenge, the thing is that the acceleration and top speed really ruin the competition because most every track has a straight or two.

Your thoughts? (sorry if this has been covered before, i searched the forum and found no thread on this topic)

Thx ppl!

A stock sprinter Trueno in the amateur 80s car cup.

The beginner 80s cup is hard enough in that car lol.

And to be honest, a stage 1 turbo might sound bad, but i personally think a stage 1 is to be better than a stage 4 for regular racing.

Back