Try my tracks?

Midship_Express
I wanted to make a video of each but I don't have a capture device. Would anyone like to try out my tracks and let me know what they think? These are the two best tracks I've managed to make so far and I think they're very enjoyable. Hopefully you like them to.

Here are the details.

Track one :Length 3.87 miles. Straightaway .66 mile. Elevation change 278.1 feet. Corners 51. Brief description: A highly technical course mixing the best of famous hill climbs and street courses. High speed apexs and off camber corners abound!

Track 2: Length 4.85 miles. Straightaway .53 mile. Elevation change 345.2 feet. Corners 31. Brief description: An open, flowing course with solid elevation change and a mix of technical and fun corners. Best suited to higher HP cars.

Last edited:
I love hill climbs and technical tracks, these two look really good. My PSN username is the same as my GTPlanet username, add me on PSN. :D

Someone sent me a friend request. Whoever that was I have added them. The first track is currently set to share online. Does that mean anyone on my friends list can use it now?

Ok I'll send you guys friend requests tonight. I don't want to come out and say my tracks are good or not I'd just like some feed back on what I've done right and how to improve.

Ok I'll send you guys friend requests tonight. I don't want to come out and say my tracks are good or not I'd just like some feed back on what I've done right and how to improve.
OK, sounds good, I'll tell you what you've done right or wrong. :sly:

It seems most of my tracks end up being very bland with one or two very good corners and another 20 or so crappy off camber corners. I've gotten better though, most of the time it used to just give me triangles.

Me too. I get so mad with off camber corners

I am not familiar with the term, is it referring to tracks where the camber is all over the place in uneccessary places? I am no fan of that either, well placed camber is epic but excess camberage is rubbish :grumpy:

OK, I've gotten the first track, here are my thoughts:

It's a nice flowing track, interesting layout, but it's too narrow for its own good, it's length says "high-powered race cars" but the width in some parts is more suitable for karts. It could also use a little more banking, most turns are long and they'll waste your tires without some sort of banking.

All in all, it's not a bad track, but it could use some improvements.

Think of it as a if a corner were banked in the opposite direction of travel. If the carousel on the nurburgring for example were banked in the other direction but you were still turning left.

---

I see what you are saying. Some more banking may help, especially in the first section? The narrow part was added simply to make it more technical, sort of like a street course. I agree it is possibly to narrow at first.

Time_Attack
Think of it as a if a corner were banked in the opposite direction of travel. If the carousel on the nurburgring for example were banked in the other direction but you were still turning left.

righto got that cheers :)

Definately an art form making good tracks, it takes a fair amount of testing if just starting out but the more you do the better you can "read" the track as you make it :)

Time_Attack
I see what you are saying. Some more banking may help, especially in the first section? The narrow part was added simply to make it more technical, sort of like a street course. I agree it is possibly to narrow at first.
Just widen the really narrow part and add a little more banking, that's all. :)

It wasn't as good, but I'll test your 3rd. I just made two pretty god tracks, and currently working on a third. One of mine are up

The second one I didn't spend much time on and it shows. The third is a bit unique in that the first half is a high speed open section with very few corners and the second half is pretty much all corner.

Back