Trying to download Gran Turismo 4 menu sound effects

• Thread starter StealthVel
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
TheGaming_Galaxy
Io4QgvIyT7KsiNX6EE1RqQ

So, I am making a video of the Gran Turismo 4 sounds in Gran Turismo Sport. It's been done before, but I'm trying to perfect it - and because I enjoy doing it!

I've got the essentials so far by cutting some videos to extract the sound effects: menu navigation, main menu select, and so on. However, I'm missing other ones like the car purchase click sound effect, car purchase showcase sound effect (etc.), and I don't have any access to these other sound effects on the internet.

I'd like a high quality download of the sound effects, because I cannot cut the videos to extract the sound as there is usually talking over it in videos, and menu music on top as well (Edit: The two aforementioned sounds overlap each other anyways, so I can't just separate them). Also, I can't disable music in GT4 and record it from there, because I don't have the tools to do so (Edit: I can, but PCSX2 is not fully stable on my PC, even in menus..). If anyone has access to the menu sound effects (preferably in high quality), please tell me!

Thanks!

Last edited:
You can use the PSound program, put the Gran Turismo 4 iso file, and get the missing menu sound files for you, but I notice that it will take a long time because there are MANY audio fragments in the game files, so The program will take a while to find them all, I tried to look through the files myself once, but gave up because it was taking too long. That's what I can help you with right now, because my main PC is dead right now.

And I would like to ask you a question: Is your YouTube channel is the 100R? Why I watched the video of GT3 menu sounds in GTSport and i like so much.

You can use the PSound program, put the Gran Turismo 4 iso file, and get the missing menu sound files for you, but I notice that it will take a long time because there are MANY audio fragments in the game files, so The program will take a while to find them all, I tried to look through the files myself once, but gave up because it was taking too long. That's what I can help you with right now, because my main PC is dead right now.

And I would like to ask you a question: Is your YouTube channel is the 100R? Why I watched the video of GT3 menu sounds in GTSport and i like so much.

I have just used the program and it's very effective! Trouble is, many of the files are tiny fragments that make up the sound effects in the game, so I cannot use many of the sounds because they use separated parts. If you understand what I am trying to say.

And no, I am not 100R, but I like that video as well! :)

In PSound, make sure to disable fade out in the settings, as that would alter the sounds. Sometimes, if the sound pitch is wrong, you can try to force an other frequency value to make it closer to what it's like in-game. For now, this is the only way to extract GT4's sound effects, because the game's files are obfuscated in some way. PD have made an effort to stop us from delving into the game's files easily.

In PSound, make sure to disable fade out in the settings, as that would alter the sounds. Sometimes, if the sound pitch is wrong, you can try to force an other frequency value to make it closer to what it's like in-game. For now, this is the only way to extract GT4's sound effects, because the game's files are obfuscated in some way. PD have made an effort to stop us from delving into the game's files easily.

Yeah, so far I have collected a few sounds but with some the pitch is too far off. But hopefully I can edit them somewhat to make them similar to how they are in game.

I have just used the program and it's very effective! Trouble is, many of the files are tiny fragments that make up the sound effects in the game, so I cannot use many of the sounds because they use separated parts. If you understand what I am trying to say.

And no, I am not 100R, but I like that video as well! :)

I know, my bad to think you were 100R because the video had the same idea :D

Back