Trying to find an old game.

• Thread starter ionstriker
  • 15 comments
ionstriker
Hey guys I've been trying to find a game I had played as a kid. The protagonist is a female character and the only bits I remember about this game is walking down a basement of a house and talking to a creepy old lady. I think it had to do something about solving a crime. This was probably back in 2003-2006 I guess. I know it's pretty much nothing to go on but if any of you guys have any idea of the game I'm talking about please do let me know. Thanks!!

Fahrenheit? Although I think the main protagonist was Male I'm sure there were female sections.

Just a hunch. First game that came to mind from what you have.

Fahrenheit? Although I think the main protagonist was Male I'm sure there were female sections.

Just a hunch. First game that came to mind from what you have.

I just checked it and it's not it. Also I had played it on PC. So that might narrow it down.

Half life? Probably not. I just went through this a month ago. I remembered playing a bunching tank battle arena style game. Couldn't remember then name for the life of me. I did end up figuring it out, Wulfram II. Played the hell out of that game in high school.
Sadly, I wasn't gaming much in the time frame you mentioned, but you'd be amazed what you can figure out messing with keywords when searching on google

A shot in the dark...

Phantasmagoria?

Phantasmagoria-2.jpg

That looks a lot like night trap, but with more clothes
I'm not familiar with that title...or most others. I don't have a great deal of gaming experience; add to that the truly, spectacularly demented nature of Phantasmagoria and it's seared into my brain despite only observing gameplay and not actually participating in it myself.

It was a Sega CD game from the early 90s. You are a detective watching over a house of girls. The house has some creepers trying to get the girls and you, watching through surveillance cameras, use boobytraps (couldn't help the pun) to trap said baddies.
The game was pretty much all live action stuff though, hence the feeling of similarity.

Oh no, he also said it was out like 05, 06. Night trap came out in 92. I was just remarking on the similarities between the game tex was showing and night trap

Ok I checked out the games that you guys have posted and its none of this. I'm pretty sure I played this sometime between 2003-2006. I only remember tiny bits. I remember the female character was wearing a red top. The only major thing I remember is going to a basement and having to talk to an old lady. As a kid I was scared for this and probably why I remember just that :/ but thank you guys for your replies!

There is one striking thing I have concluded while searching for this elusive game. Gamergate was complete BS. Using "games with female leads" as a search query is beyond useless .

Edit:
How about Beyond Good & Evil?
What system was this on?

Last edited:
There is one striking thing I have concluded while searching for this elusive game. Gamergate was complete BS. Using "games with female leads" as a search query is beyond useless .

Edit:
How about Beyond Good & Evil?
What system was this on?

It's definitely not beyond good and evil. This was on the pc. All I ever remember is talking to an old lady in a basement. I only remember that cause it was really creepy lol. I will do my own searching and update this thread if I find it.

Back