Trying to post pics from free web hosts?, Here's how to make them work!

  • Thread starter Thread starter psonefreak
  • 10 comments
  • 527 views
Messages
2,125
:D Some of you might know this, but I found it and thought I would post it here.

Originally Posted by ShadoKat on gtaforums.com message board(Original Thread HERE)

Originally posted in the polycount forums by CheapAlert:
(Original thread here: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~polyco....?00031)

"Put http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/ in front of the http:// linking to your image and the gif/jpg will work!"

This has been tested and is known to work with GeoCities, Tripod, AngelFire, and Brinkster among others.
 
Is it just me or are the gtaforums screwed and going hella slow?
 
i think it is just u, cuz it was goin fast as always for me
 
I'm off to see if this works....but I have my doubts.

[img=http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/kemushi.tripod.com/draw/chef.gif]
 
Originally posted by pupik
I'm off to see if this works....but I have my doubts.

[img=http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/kemushi.tripod.com/draw/chef.gif]

didn't seem to work.... it did there...... and at the other one it was from before GTAforums..

*runs off to check it*


ok, i found out why. that wasn't how to do an image tag on this site.. and you have to put the entire address of the image (including HTTP://) into it. so the address in the tags should be "http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://kemushi.tripod.com/draw/chef.gif"


chef.gif


:) there ya go
 
With out this code free webhosters stop the hot linking of images so normally without the code there would just be a message from Tripod saying suck my arsehole buddy.

Anyway I knew about this ages ago and is a good tip. - I originally tried it and didn't work. - The code only worked on ikonboards thanks for posting this!
 
THANKS A LOT psonefreak! You're still my proofreader, after all!

ps-drool.gif
 
Back