trying to start a competitive drift team any suggestions?

• Thread starter SmokedOut
  • 27 comments
United States
St.Louis MO
ShadowDrift314
im new to GTP but not to GT5. I do tandems with different teams for fun and find that they all are cool ppl but now i want to start my own drift team and see if i can one day have a well known team like D-MAX, BURST,Drop5, RedSuns, and the rest of the great drift teams on GT5. I would like to create a competitive team so i can join comps and drift with and against other teams. Any helpful suggestions would be accepted.

im new to GTP but not to GT5. I do tandems with different teams for fun and find that they all are cool ppl but now i want to start my own drift team and see if i can one day have a well known team like D-MAX, BURST,Drop5, RedSuns, and the rest of the great drift teams on GT5. I would like to create a competitive team so i can join comps and drift with and against other teams. Any helpful suggestions would be accepted.

Well around here most teams do not battle each other. The only way we meet is in friendly competitions. If you want a team that is going to battle others, I would go for teams not associated with GTP. I think there are some on here that do battle, but not many. Most see drifting as a way to have fun with friends and have killer tandems. If you want a well known team, take advice from me, keep your team fun not competitive. If you do that the fame follows. You can go around and ask almost every team on here what there purpose is. I bet that 75% of there answers deals with being a family and having fun. Remember, Keep Drifting Fun. 👍

Suggestion from someone that never made part of any GT5 team or joined any official comp (so you don´t need to take care, if you don´t want):
  • 1 Take double cares while and after you put someone into your team. Pay attention on his past, his earlier teams (in case there are any), why they are moving to a new one, how his personality really is and how he deal with coletive improvement and learning curve. I can figure how anxious you´re to fill up your team and emerge to the mainstream, but the first steps normaly are the hardest ones.
  • 2 I suggest you dont ask for people to make new accounts to fit in your team. This system isn´t any effective. Instead, ask to people to add in their ingame signatures (loby in / loby out / win message and such) your team name. Flexibility is the key.
  • 3 Follow the shedule of the main events. I know it sounds obvious, specialy for a comp team, but im not sure that all self-titled comp teams are so close to it.
  • 4 Stay close and connected to the main teams.
  • 5 Many issues can be solved in a tandem battles, but not them all. Diplomacy and honesty will be the first things that will make your team stay strong for longer.

Ah, and last but not least: Try something diferent. I know your idea is nothing but normal, but still... try find something that really make your team diferent to the the others. Or else the folks wont feel atracted to join your team, but the main ones.

true i meant to say have fun and tandem and im always down for friendly comp and i will also take the advice on the team being a family. Thats what im looking for and im pretty good at tandems from what people have told me. great advice to bro i now just have to post a thread about my new team but im not good with posting pics on here like the other teams though.

Suggestion from someone that never made part of any GT5 team or joined any official comp (so you don´t need to take care, if you don´t want):
  • 1 Take double cares while and after you put someone into your team. Pay attention on his past, his earlier teams (in case there are any), why they are moving to a new one, how his personality really is and how he deal with coletive improvement and learning curve. I can figure how anxious you´re to fill up your team and emerge to the mainstream, but the first steps normaly are the hardest ones.
  • 2 I suggest you dont ask for people to make new accounts to fit in your team. This system isn´t any effective. Instead, ask to people to add in their ingame signatures (loby in / loby out / win message and such) your team name. Flexibility is the key.
  • 3 Follow the shedule of the main events. I know it sounds obvious, specialy for a comp team, but im not sure that all self-titled comp teams are so close to it.
  • 4 Stay close and connected to the main teams.
  • 5 Many issues can be solved in a tandem battle, but not them all. Diplomacy and honesty will be the first things that will make your team least longer.

Ah, and last but not least: Try something diferent. I know your idea is nothing but normal, but still... try find something that really make your team diferent to the the others. Or else the folks wont feel atracted to join your team, but the main ones.

thx for the advice bro, esp on the part about their past experiences with teams and their personality. Im new to GTP but i can really see how GTP is a huge family that helps anyone willing to listen. Ill make sure i follow those steps to help me as well.

so when creating a new team thread i should post info about what direction i want the team to go in?

I think you should post info about what the team actually is. I'd suggest you to look for friends, who have same interest as you, then you guys make a post of your team, with the ideals.

Like, to build a team, any kind of team, you must have a base, and already know what it is. Start creating something without a defined ideal is like building a car without know if it will be a SUV or a 2-seater convertible.

Hope this helps a bit.

I think you should post info about what the team actually is. I'd suggest you to look for friends, who have same interest as you, then you guys make a post of your team, with the ideals.

Like, to build a team, any kind of team, you must have a base, and already know what it is. Start creating something without a defined ideal is like building a car without know if it will be a SUV or a 2-seater convertible.

Hope this helps a bit.

yea it helped. LOL at the SUV or 2-seater part, but i get what your saying, i have to know what i want to do before i do it or the team will go bonkers in chaos lol

Though I will tell you in advanced I drift the S2000 LM Race Car :boggled:
I like it for how it looks with the decal's... Looks like a competition car :P

Edit: oh crap double post:guilty: Sorry bout this...

Though I will tell you in advanced I drift the S2000 LM Race Car :boggled:
I like it for how it looks with the decal's... Looks like a competition car :P

Edit: oh crap double post:guilty: Sorry bout this...

lol, yea you can rty out, car selection doesnt bother me since i like to drift in the BLITZ ER34 and love my AMEMIYA FD3S, add my psn (ShadowDrift314). see ya soon

Cool, I'll add you next time I get on my ps3 :D It's nice to find someone that doesnt mind car selection :lol:

lmao, ya ik how that is with the car restrictions in teams. It sucks sometimes esp when you wana drift your favorite sponcered car but you cant due to restriction.

I'll send a friend request when I get home from school today :D Ive only been on one team and thats Monster Energy :P

lmao the tandems were epic and funny

IKR?! Pink car tandeming with a White Z :lol: It was super fun and funny. Though I think I like my camaro more atm... Don't tell Miss Pinky that though. She'd be mad next time I take her for a spin.

Hey Smoked, was wondering. . . Are there any team colors I need to know about or is it a "anything goes" thing?

There are still competitions on GTP that most of the teams on GTP participate in that is open to anyone once you register. I suggest getting to know and drift with most of us. Learn how our teams work and what we actually do. Team battling isn't something we do here. Being stronger together as a community is what we aim for. There disagreements here and there but overall we look out for each other no matter what team he/she is on. It's important to build the right relationships (even though I fail at this sometimes) with everyone. That way your GT5 experience is enhanced and there are always people you know you can have fun with.

^^^ Good point but there has been a few battles in the past to snuff out trash talking.
But I see nothing wrong with two teams battling to do something differant. But as for keeping scores of how many times you beat this or that team is pointless anymore.

Our community mostly has gottn over that hill and by community I mean here on GTP.

And it has worked out now where doing things like the VDC and Formula Drift to challenge each other.

Robbyelder
^^^ Good point but there has been a few battles in the past to snuff out trash talking.
But I see nothing wrong with two teams battling to do something differant. But as for keeping scores of how many times you beat this or that team is pointless anymore.

Our community mostly has gottn over that hill and by community I mean here on GTP.

And it has worked out now where doing things like the VDC and Formula Drift to challenge each other.

I agree if we do team battle it's purely for fun not bragging wrights. All though we (RSM) did have a friendly comp with AWOL the other day and later on I entered there leaders room and caught him talking about us saying where rubbish and how they destroyed us ha ha ha.

Any kind of competition will generate talking. And that's normal, when you win something, you want to talk/brag about it. Lol

Just my 2 cents.

Im wanting to join a team but I would like to join a team that:

1. I can learn and build off of, for making my own someday
2. I have only been playing for about a week now and seem to be getting better since I log on everyday!
3.can show and help me get better at tandem, be posted in videos and and team pictures and car shows

Pm if interested.

Latest Posts

Back