Trying to understand end-of-race penalties......

• Thread starter VIMCman
  • 2 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada
Canada
I competed in the daily race, this week 14 laps of Brands Hatch in a GT3 car with 9X tire wear. I thought I had done rather well, finishing second on the road. Then I (and about half the field) seemed to get 20 second penalties added in the final results. I have no idea why. There was a tiny bit of contact around lap 8 when another car passed me, though it was incidental contact really, not affecting the corner or outcome for either car. (I got a 2 second penalty at the time).

Can anyone help me understand these 20 second penalty additions at the end of the race??? Thanks . VIMCman

I competed in the daily race, this week 14 laps of Brands Hatch in a GT3 car with 9X tire wear. I thought I had done rather well, finishing second on the road. Then I (and about half the field) seemed to get 20 second penalties added in the final results. I have no idea why. There was a tiny bit of contact around lap 8 when another car passed me, though it was incidental contact really, not affecting the corner or outcome for either car. (I got a 2 second penalty at the time).

Can anyone help me understand these 20 second penalty additions at the end of the race??? Thanks . VIMCman
Things are a little more complex in Race C. Again, you’ll be picking up whatever Gr.3 car floats your particular boat, and heading to an old-school F1 venue in the shape of Brands Hatch. However, this 14-lap race has strategy as a major factor, due to mandatory tire requirements. Players must use all three of the available tire grades — Racing Soft, Medium, and Hard — during the race. Those who don’t will face a 20-second post-race penalty.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-daily-races-20200302/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back