TSR | Bathurst 250k Spot Endurance - Interest Check

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
So I would like to put together a spot race at Bathurst for Sunday the 28th of June. I would like to do it sooner but the 13th-14th is Le Mans, and the 21st is Fathers Day in the US, so the first free Sunday we have is the 28th. Anyway, It would be 40 laps, 250km or about 1.5 hours I believe.

Three classes of cars will be available, all based on premium production cars: GT, A-Touring and B-Touring. Each class is completely open to cars available and full tuning, with two restrictions that must be adhered to - Sport Soft tires and the following minimum lap times:
  • GT - 2:12.000
  • AT - 2:20.000
  • BT - 2:26.000
I will post more details shortly, but just wanted to gauge opinions/interest. :)

If I can guarantee that I will be available for long enough and my driving meets the requirements, I might be interested.

Do you have basic specs for the cars you plan on using?

Additionally, how will minimum laptimes be mandated?
There are no set cars. You build your own car to meet a certain lap time for that class. You go faster than your class's lap time, then you'll receive a massive penalty.

There are no set cars. You build your own car to meet a certain lap time for that class. You go faster than your class's lap time, then you'll receive a massive penalty.
What classifies a car as each class for the event? I think that is more what @PJTierney is asking?

What classifies a car as each class for the event? I think that is more what @PJTierney is asking?
Think this:

GT = Mustang, Corvette, 370Z or similar
A = Civic Si, Focus ST, VW Golf or similar
B = Mazda Demio, Fiat 500, Mini Cooper or similar

Edit: Pretty much, if you have a car in mind you want to race, let me know what it is and I'll let you know which class it probably belongs in. You could run a Ferrari in the GT class if you wanted, as long as you stay over the minimum lap time. This is what's great about parity racing is that you can run whatever you want. :)

Last edited:
We won't be doing this on the 28th, but if enough interest is shown then I will set another date. I'd like to get a full room if possible.

Last edited:
This race may end up being included into a new season of the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge I will be running in the near future. It will open to as many people as we can get to sign up, and if we go over 16 then we'll run two rooms and combine the total times. People that are participating in my championship will be offered double points that weekend, while everyone else can just race for fun. I will keep this thread open and will update the OP when we get closer to race time. :)

Back