Tsukuba 2nd hairpin and dunlop corner

Hello everyone.
I was wondering, has anyone ever conected the second hairpin with the Dunlop corner at Tsukuba, Ive seen people do it almost every time in the D1 Grand Prix (Video Option, not first hand).
Ive tryed with both my own cars and D1 cars but havent gotten even close unless I go completelly into the grass and use it to slide, and that means hitting the barrier. :indiff:

Corner speed seems to be the key on this corner, and I've never managed to get it completely right.

The D1 guys link the two mini turns into the hairpin, I'd practice non-linking it through there til you get it down.

its hard to accelerate while in a drift in GT4, this is what makes that link difficult.

if it's dunlop into the 2nd to last corner you mean (I always think of the first corner as a hairpin :dopey: ), It CAN be done without "manji" in GT4. You need SOME power (300hp) in a very slippery car that brake drifts well.

The tricky part is the straight before the hairpin, I haven't completely nailed that yet but I'm close. I think you need to just overpower out of the second turn then brakedrift at massive angle when you can't hold it with the throttle longer; then hope you get far enough before stalling or running off the track that you can flick it back right and sort of keep it sideways til the hairpin.

If anyone has a better idea I'd like to hear it.. I love linking but I'm not too fond of manji. To me that's not linking at all, it's struggling :P

Ive done it successfully, with one wheel of the road though.

It's hard to explain, but you need to use a car with the charicteristics to be able to drift while almost on understeer, (meaning free wheelspin while going virtually straight, on an angle). then hammer your car right, and full lock countersteer carry's you around the "dunlop corner". with cool amounts of angle.

Ive done it with my poetry MX-5 on N2's.. beautiful car that.

Practice My friend, practice.

Maybe AWDs could do this easier then... I'm no good at AWD yet, but I'm about to try and learn it...

Small_Fryz
its hard to accelerate while in a drift in GT4, this is what makes that link difficult.
This is my BIGGEST problem with drifting in GT4... Cus I know this is possible in real life... ;)

I managed to find out how to do this with a 25% make it rate with my HKS Hyper Genki Silvia. All you need to do is power upgrade (max) no noss required, Rigidity Increase, N3 front and rear, (wont make it with N2) and a balanced chasis set up.

THE MOST KEY FACTOR OF MAKING IT IS THE EXIT OF THE HAIRPIN, YOU HAVE TO ENTRY LOW, HIGH THROUGH THE MIDDLE, LOW AT EXIT, THEN TOUCH THE CURB ON THE RIGHT AT START OF THE STRAIGHTAWAY(DOUBLE APEX) TO GET THE EXIT SPEED NECESSARY AND YOU MUST HAVE EXCELENT THROTTLE CONTROL AND ABOUT 5 MPH WORTH OF WHEELSPIN (IE, car is going 60, rear wheels going 65) AS LITTLE ANGLE AND WHEELSPIN AS YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH W/O LOSING YOUR DRIFT AND YOU MUST BE VERY AGRESSIVE WITH YOUR WHEEL TO LINK IT.

if you set your car to have more tourque then power you should be able to do it. EVen with a low power car. Basiclly since we don't have and "grass/dirt" to slide on we would have to incress the tourque of the car to produce power to finish off the drift.

You may not be going as fast as you want but you will be able to link the drift.

(This is after guess and check with a FC) LOng 1-2 gears and short rest to incress the tourque.

DRIFTN
Ive done it successfully, with one wheel of the road though.

It's hard to explain, but you need to use a car with the charicteristics to be able to drift while almost on understeer, (meaning free wheelspin while going virtually straight, on an angle). then hammer your car right, and full lock countersteer carry's you around the "dunlop corner". with cool amounts of angle.

Ive done it with my poetry MX-5 on N2's.. beautiful car that.

Practice My friend, practice.
Wow, i was starting to think it was imposible, you have no idea how many times I have tried it, not enough I gues.
The hardest thing for me is getting the correct line. Iv noticed that in the D1 they always endup with their rear tires on the end of the rumble strip after the left hairpin and the most I can get is halfway.

BTW, if anyone has seen or know about a video of it can you please post the link.

I think I misunderstood :P

Officially, the "second hairpin" is the right one before the back straight ;) I can't get enough speed out of that hairpin before dunlop to be anywhere near linking :dunce:

speed junkie #2
Wow, i was starting to think it was imposible, you have no idea how many times I have tried it, not enough I gues.
The hardest thing for me is getting the correct line.
The Correct line is what makes or breaks this link. so your spot on. Keep practicing.

I tried, and it's tough to keep sideways. From what I see in GT4, there's too much slipping in this game when ASM & TCS are off. When I'll get the drift, I'll post a video.

Ske
I think I misunderstood :P

Officially, the "second hairpin" is the right one before the back straight ;) I can't get enough speed out of that hairpin before dunlop to be anywhere near linking :dunce:
Correct me if Im wrong but are we on the same page here? It seems to me like your going reverse.
Just in case, let me explain: ok, so your in the main straightaway aproaching the first corner (right hairpin), after that is a quick left, than a quick right (connect those with the second hairpin), than the second hairpin, which is banked, after that comes a roughly 90 degree right turn AKA dunlop corner.
The second hairpin and dunlop corner are the ones I cant connect.

speed junkie #2
The second hairpin and dunlop corner are the ones I cant connect.

Yeah, "officially" turn #1 isn't called a hairpin, for some reason... so the first "hairpin" would be the one just before dunlop :dunce: and I can't link out of that one, I barely get enough speed to complete it as I usually link the left-right (turn 2-3) in front.

What I was talking about first is linking turn 5 (right bend) through to the back straight.. and this is quite possible ;)

Back