Tsukuba 9 Hour Endurance

• Thread starter RickG
  • 6 comments
United States
Cedar Rapids
MysteryOak21
I am racing this particular race in my Mazda RX-7 TC (which is the orange DLC car) and about 17 minutes left of the race to go, my cat lays on my power strip and shuts the power off.

Thankfully, I saved at 6hr20min so I don't have to do the whole thing again.
It's a drawn out race, very monotonous, but other than that, it's not too bad.

I think the A-Spec endurance races are some of the most boring races available, I managed to do the 9hr in 9hrs straight racing, the problem I see is that there is no pp limit to these races so you get free range allowing you to chose whatever car, I did it in the X1, but really if they put a pp, hp and minimum weight in restrictions it would make it harder, but then the AI would have to be better, but in still I wouldn't do a race I could lose because of pit strategy,

I grew up playing NASCAR and racing the full length races so I got used to doing lap after lap for hours. When I picked up GT3 in '05 or so, I did the endurance races and enjoyed them. I like them, I think there needs to be more, and maybe more restrictions, but other than that, I like them.

Bahahahaha, I got all the console nascar games on playstation, on nascar 09 which I was just playing, (also the last nascar game sold in australia) I just finished the full race at michigan, finished 7th,I'm not so great at tuning cars on that game, but the AI is so much better, the only thing is as with GT5 too is you can't bump draft, and they won't bump draft you, which is annoying, and the road course car physics are a bit delicate, and at infineon it gets annoying, but usually I own up at the glen,

I wish PD put charlotte, michigan, atlanta, darlington, bristol, richmond or texas in GT5, I do full length races at indy, daytona and motegi, but those ovals are a bit easy to tune for, where as atlanta if they made it right you would need to lift and brake for the corner, same with the 1.5 mile tracks, that would make things interesting,

Man thats awesome! I hate to say it, but NASCAR on GT5 is horrendous.
And usually I never tuned my cars on NASCAR, I usually just raced them as is. My last NASCAR game was 09 for the 360. 11 years of one series gets kind of old at times. I enjoy GT5 so much more.
But you're right. I miss infineon from GT4, that was a fun track.
I would also love to see Homestead, that would be so much fun too :)

I did it in my Merc SLS AMG, and it made a very hateful track very fun indeed. I didn't fancy doing 9 whole hours in a tuned car like the others; even 9 minutes of that is too much. So I opted for a 790bhp psycho.

I did it in my Merc SLS AMG, and it made a very hateful track very fun indeed. I didn't fancy doing 9 whole hours in a tuned car like the others; even 9 minutes of that is too much. So I opted for a 790bhp psycho.

So... a tuned car then, just not like the others. :)

I ran it in the blue RE Amemiya RX-7, not sure whether I ran Sports Softs or Mediums. Was a good fun race, much more so than I expected. I think now I remember starting on Mediums but I had to move to softer rubber when the S2000 GT1 proved much faster than I had planned for after several hours in. Endurance racing in general is much more fun than the rest of A-Spec, but only if there's a chance you'll lose.

Back