Tsukuba 9h - CRASH

• Thread starter RomKnight
  • 5 comments
RomKnight
Hi guys,

Never been so frustrated in my life.:grumpy:

I'm a slow driver and just finished tsukuba 9h in just under 12h:dopey:

OR i thought I did. After the last lap (3s after 9h) the car enter in auto-pilot mode.

After waiting for about 10m or so, it was still in auto-pilot. The only button That did something was "start". I switch between wheel and DS3 and all exhibit the same behaviour...

I decided to use the PS button to go to the menus and leave the game hoping for the best. The console took awhile and "bip" twice, it told be connection has been lost and it seems like it did a reset.

In XMB I went to load GT5 and, obviously all is lost... The car hasn't accumlated any kms, I have no more money, and no trophy in the event...:crazy:

Did this happen to anyone else?

Pardon me the pun but I definitely go "Slighty Mad" (in a few days...)

PS: I have 3.60 fw and the latest 1.08 patch for GT5.

That's bad, bro. I'm also with you in "slightly going mad", because I had something similar in GT4, when power was gone for a splitsecond - and about 12hrs of LeMans lost :grumpy:

After hearing so many crashes in the endurance races I'll stick to the extreme or B-spec grinding until those issues get resolved.

My bob has been driving around tsukuba for 9h30min now, apparently it entered autopilot mode at 9h because he's going 80km/h on cruise control. I'm going to leave it on for the night and see what happens, probably nothing.

Update: As expected, bob was still autopiloting around the track, time counted over 21 hours. All controls were unresponsive, expect the PS-button, which allowed me to use XMB menus. I decided to exit the game, which worked fine. What's even more stupid is that my car got all the adverse effects of a long endurance race (go dirty, needed oil change, engine rehaul, body stiffness restoration) yet no XP or Cr was rewarded.

Last edited:
I did the indy 500 endurance in A-spec in the evening to see if the bug is related to long races in general, but everything worked fine.

Thinking it might be related to timed races, I put my bob around tsukuba last night. This time he was stuck in the pits while the clock was counting over 11 hours. No controls except the PS-button worked.

I rebooted my PS3 and started nürburgring 4h this time, but encountered no errors. Another thing I thought that could have caused this was that my ps3 occasionally loses connection to wireless network, obviously dropping out of PSN aswell. This was apparently not the cause however, because during this race the console had dropped, yet the bug did not occur.

I started yet another tsukuba 9h tonight, but I don't hold high hopes. I have completed the race once but every other time, the race will just not end. Unless it somehow miraculously works this time, I have to declare tsukuba 9h off-limits until polyphony does something about it.

I'm experiencing kind of the same bug with all races that last longer than 6 hours. The funny thing about this is I can pause the game and leave it going for several hours without a freeze. However when the timer reaches 6:00:00:001 my PS3 freezes and that's it. But the really funny thing is that I still hear the sound and in b-spec I can hear pit stopping and acceleartion sounds, however the race will just never end.

Back