Tsukuba 9hr

GinoLicious

(Banned)
Just unlocked this race this morning and just started racing it now. Doing it in the Woodone Supra. Just made the first pit around 28 minutes and was a lap ahead when I went in. What car did you guys use and how was the race for you? I know this is going to be a long and boring one since the track is so short. I plan on doing this over the next 2-3 days.

I wasn't interested in keeping it close and having to do it again so I used the FGT. I ended up with I think 706 laps by the end. Did it in one day.

Epson NSX '08, pitted every 33 laps on Racing Softs, increased the lead almost precisely by one lap for every ten laps driven. Most of my laps were in the high 0'52 to mid 0'53 range and by the end of the race I had done 587 of them in all, the winning margin was 55 laps so the car was a definite overkill but at least it allowed me to take it easy.

And yes, it will be long and boring. More so than you can even imagine at this point...

Doing it right now(almost 2 hours in), I am using a RM NSX 91(~425bhp on fresh motor, 1080kg I think) and the field lacks that GT1 Turbo S2000 so I am slightly faster on fresh tire than the rest and about matching on worn rubber. I am pitting 28-30 laps for RH tire depends on how I am driving(the car is setup pretty neutrally and I can drive it completely grip and try to induce some understeer on entry, or let the tail out more on what I'd like to call "gliding" style(grip/slide)...The former style actually wears the tire pretty evenly in the entire stint whereas the latter tend to wear out rear more if I get the balance between grip and slide wrong....

Planning to do 4.5 hour a day during the weekend...

For this race I chose a car that would have power and allow me to take the lead easily yet not killing the competition. This was to ensure that I would be able to win this event the first time around and not have to do it again, while having some fun with it as the car im using does not blow away the competition entirely.

I used an FGT.
I didn't care for close racing here either.
I originally planned on using an Acura NSX RM for a close race, but losing a 9 hour endurance race is nothing to smile about.
I wanted a certain win, but didn't want to drive the X1 (hate that car).
I did shifts with my brother.
I did 2 hours, he did 2 hours, I did 1 hour, he did 1 hour, I did 1 hour, he did 1 hour. Then I left it by the side of the road for the last hour.

I totally agree with you about the X1. I let Bob use it but I won't touch that goofy POS unless I have too.

And after 9 hours of driving the X1, I'm sure that I would feel differently about normal cars again.
That feeling you get that other cars are slower and this messes up your racing technique.

How can you even drive around around Tsukuba with the X2010 and 11 other much slower cars? Sounds like a nightmare just thinking about it.

How can you even drive around around Tsukuba with the X2010 and 11 other much slower cars? Sounds like a nightmare just thinking about it.

That's the problem.
9 hours of boredom. You can't even make the race competitive for fear of losing.
I wouldn't mind losing the 4 hours Nurburgring for example in a close race, because it's a track I enjoy (not the F1 section though).
But to lose 9 hours is massive, which is why (if my mum ever lets me) when I do the 24 hour race, I will be using my 1000 BHP Pescarolo.

Used the Spoon S2000 Racecar from the ucd. Won by 20+ laps. In hindsight I would have used a bit more hp and/or tuned the car to run a second faster per lap to take even more of a break. But it was a decent race, I guess. by the 8 hour mark, my mission was to take out the leader...wrecked the S2000 into the wall and pinned him there from 20 laps...he finished next to last.

I know this thread is a bit dead but I'm really stuck on what Car to use for this race. I raced the X2010 for an hour but I just wasent having fun , so I want a good car to use.

I know this thread is a bit dead but I'm really stuck on what Car to use for this race. I raced the X2010 for an hour but I just wasent having fun , so I want a good car to use.
Just look at what the fastest AI car is and pick a car that isn't as fast. Make up the difference yourself and it should deliver a good race for you.

Latest Posts

Back