Tsukuba Pass

United States
United States
GTP_Frenzyhero
Frenzyhero submitted a new resource:

Tsukuba Pass - 99% ACCURATE ELEVATION.

As you know I pride myself on being the one of few to make actual Initial D recreations.

It takes no thought to plug one into Andalucia or Eifel Flat and be done with it.

Selecting the proper location, cutting or lengthening straights, altering the course to maintain the UH/DH without disturbing the course - this takes time. At this point, it doesn't take much since I've been doing it enough to get a good feel for the elevation, though.

"Oh but you cut corners you don't make it all...

Read more about this resource...

@Frenzyhero Mate, I love what you've done with the ID tracks. The feel and elevation is amazingly pretty accurate given what PD allows us to do 👍 I myself have downloaded all of your tracks and having loads of fun with them :)

I don't appreciate you belittling touge makers who did it on Eifel Flat though. Certainly it's not ideal (why would you want a mountain pass to be flat?), but earlier in the CM's release we didn't have the height map thread yet and we haven't explored the other themes elevation much, so we thought Eifel Flat was the only way. I'm certainly in that situation and I've spent well over 5 hours getting the layout milimeter perfect for my Akina Flat. It's not just "plug it in and be done with it" (although I don't deny your courses took a lot of work too). It would be a waste just to delete it and start over, so why not share it with the community?

Unfortunately I've uploaded mine earlier than yours, so that's why I got 100 downloads already (the last 2 posts are just updates, and there are only 2 other Akinas in the database as far as I know). With time as more people got to know your courses I don't doubt they'll become popular too 👍 Initially I was going to rebuild Akina on Eifel, but you beat me to it and did much better than I ever could.

TLDR: I love and appreciate your touge courses, but just try not to take a swipe at other's courses. You never know that they can take a lot of work too, even if it's clearly inferior. It's doesn't feel nice to see your work slagged off like that (I'm sure you'll feel the same). Anyway, good luck to recreating the rest of ID's courses (Iroha next please?) :D

Last edited:
Is there any chance that you will try to put the long Tail of the Dragon course on one of the elevation maps? That road is the closest thing that I have driven to Touge since I was in Okinawa in the 70s. The speed limit kills it a bit but having the rock face on one side and the drop-off on the other still really gets the blood flowing. I was hoping a somewhat accurate version would make it into GT6 so I could go all out without risking lfe, limb and the car.

Last edited:
@Frenzyhero Thanks for the reply. Yeah I can certainly understand your frustration. I was initially excited that we can trace maps, but my initial excitement quickly vanishes when I found that a lot of real world tracks lose their character without elevation. I think we are starting to see a shift away from Eifel Flat though. There's less replicas being released now and more fantasy tracks that utilises the dynamic themes. Of course it's been only a month since the release of CM, so who knows what other discoveries people might find out 👍

Also agreed with annoying bumps. I've tried many tracks where the creator forgot to flatten the banking and as a result tight corners and chicanes are ruined. As for my Akina, I used gentle banking to add a little roughness (touges are quite bumpy after all), without compromising drivability. It turns out better than if I made it totally flat.

For Iroha I think you can cut out the straights on both ends of the course. It's a pretty short track compared to the others (5km) and since the hairpins are all bunched up I think you can fit it using either Eifel straight 1 or 3 (you'd need to flip the map for straight 1). Andalucia isn't great for touges. In the height maps thread it's found that Andalucia actually has the smallest difference in height between highest and lowest points. Straight 9 is probably best, but there's not much room there.

About the Eifel sinkhole, isn't it in the center of the map? So you'd want to go outside-in for downhill?

For Akina, I think straight 2 won't have enough height. Straight 4 starts at the sinkhole so it's out. If you use straight 1, do a u-turn and then flip the map so it goes southwest I think it would be perfect. Alternatively straight 3 could be good too (do a 90 degree right then go east). The initial straight doesn't have to match the touge's initial orientation is what I'm trying to say.

Hakone Turnpike would be a great track to try but due to the length (just over 10km) I don't think there's any hill big enough to make it all downhill. Other touges you can modify a bit but if you shorten Turnpike I think it will lose the character too much.

I'd also love to see you try some European (Transfagarasan) and American (Tail of the Dragon & Pikes Peak) touges :D

More and more I'm finding making your own roads to fit the contour rather than replicas is the way to go. Blackfoot Shear is one of the best tracks I've driven btw 👍

Looking forward to your next creations :)

It's only 11 miles so you can split it into 2 parts. The elevation is pretty tricky though since it's not constantly up/down.

I think this is one of the touges that can do pretty well on Eifel Flat.

Tail is just too long and too complex for course maker. It's a gem of the earth. Is life and limb worth it?

I drive 8-10 hours one way to get there at least once a year, every year, so, I guess it is.

The best of it is from the Tennessee/North Carolina border to the Overlook. That part would almost fit with the Course Maker's restrictions. The track needs to be narrow (about 24 feet) with no guard rails or curbs because there are none on that part of US 129.

Last edited:
It's already been done on Eifel Flat, I have them saved. I didn't make them, nor have I driven them yet - I merely recognized the name.

As for both of you, Iroha is up. It's kinda a failure, but eh.

Yeah I noticed that. I already have TOTD on rFactor though so I didn't try it out :P

I'll try Iroha later. BTW, your last few touges (Turnpike, Tsukuba, Yabitsu) are all uphill. I prefer downhill myself but they're surprisingly good too.

Well they're meant for cruising lobbies, so you go up then down in a race. In those kinds of lobbies it doesn't really affect it much that it just happens to start uphill.

Yeah that makes sense. I've been doing that myself. Go up, do a God Foot style u-turn then head back down :P

Back