TT in Australia

• Thread starter Aus_James
  • 8 comments
Hi all,

I'm dying to get my hands on TT. Not out here until June! :(

I have a PAL PS2. I was thinking of importing a TT and getting some sort of chip for my PS2 to make it work.

If so, which version of TT should I import? I heard the Japanese version is missing some bits?

AND, anyone know anything about chipping PS2's? There seems to be a fair few chips out there. Any good ones? things to watch out for? I'll get someone to do it for me who has some experience. Just want to know what I should look out for?

James

As modifying consoles is now perfectly legal in Oz, you’ll probably be able to find a suitable business in the yellow pages. I have a Japanese PS2, though I’m currently looking into HD loader in order to reduce loading times. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
As for the differing versions of TT, if you can put up with a bit of Chinese text, you’ll be happy with the NTSC/Asia version of the game for around $35 AUD. The North American version offers a handful of (fairly insignificant) new bikes, though you’ll pay a great deal more for shipping and the disc. Unless you’re likely to import games on a regular basis, I’d leave the modification and wait for the PAL version, as higher SD resolution (576 pixels of vertical resolution versus 480) and the chance of more bikes/refinements makes the wait worth while.

Samberto

I was thinking of importing it but I decided to wait, may get some extra content as a bonus.

were going to KL at the end of JUNE.....so i thought, kool, ill go get a copy, and stuff it if its in chinesse or whatever, it wouldnt matter because i would have the game......then it clicked in me......the game comes out here before we go on holidays........

SO I STILL HAVE TO WAIT!!!!

ITS NOT FAIR

hmm.. you all seem so new to me even though ive been here for a long time. hey vipergtsr01 last time i heard you getting your engine fixed for the skyline.

Back