TT newbie

• Thread starter Sniffs
  • 8 comments
we're waiting for the PS4
fishtailrook1 (?)
I bought Tourist Trophy quite a while ago, but promptly began to lose interest because I get my butt kicked almost instantly. I want to do some of this game without relying on a cheat device. can I get some advice from the bike guys, please?

thanks

as usual, practice doing the licences.

Keep in mind that by pressing R2 (I think it's R2), your guy can lean down and have less wind resistance in curves... There's also the 'missions', that can help you get better bikes.

I found the game pretty easy... only had a bit of trouble with the last races, and learning the braking points at Valencia. Also wiped out continuously in Suzuka, Tsukuba and another track, thanks to those phantom chicanes.

if youre using stock controller set up, then r2 is rear brake. tuck is L2 by default :P.

-diego- it was probably pretty easy for us since were GT vets. even on pro it still feels like GT. heh.

Being a "bike guy", there's one advice I can give you. Agressive riding will get you nowhere, unless you really are a pro.

So, go easy.

PS - You'll notice that "slow in-fast out" is much better (and faster) than late braking. Try any track with agressive riding, save the ghost, and then do it again braking sooner than physically possible. You'll beat the "agressive" ghost easily.

Try to make all licenses and then practice your times with 250 cc bike on some simple courses. Then of course try to win races in TT mode.

Gucio

Bikes have to turn in sooner than cars, which the game replicates pretty well. Bikes don't trail brake well, but the game's seem to be fine with it, up to a point.

Do EVERYTHING earlier than you want to.

actually, the TT licence tests are PIE compared to ANY of the GT licence tests. that's the first time i HAVEN'T had to use a time freezer. I still get stuck, of course, but I have an easier time on the Licence tests than the main game, which is the reverse on the GT's :P

something's wrong with me if the only bike I can earn is (I believe) Honda's TR250, the Tricolore. everybody else is mabey two bike lengths ahead of me the whole time.

for those that CAN get a gold. I usually only get one second under the max time, no matter what I do.

Back