Tt2

• Thread starter astroman
  • 53 comments
If a lot of tracks and bikes means less disk space available for the software code , different editions (japanese, american, eropean ) of the game should have completely different tracks and bikes .
I'm not interested in bikes that I've never seen or herd of , because they are not available in my country.
Sony could also earn more money , as many people would buy the three of them , not only one.
They've just made it for GT4 and TT : it's not a single game for both cars and bikes , but two different games.

Your bikes should rotate when you view them in the garage, like cars in previous games.

I want to be able to choose a beard to go with a wider selection of open-face helmets.

alech
If a lot of tracks and bikes means less disk space available for the software code , different editions (japanese, american, eropean ) of the game should have completely different tracks and bikes .

On the PS3, disk space should not be an issue with Blu-Ray. As for different editions, that would be pointless, and a development headache. Why would they go to the trouble of modelling something and not using it for everyone? Granted, there are a very small number of bike differences between versions, but for them to be completely different would be insane.

wfooshee
These are pretty much the same complaints people have had about GT4. Hmmm.

The console limits what they can do graphically. More bikes means less eye candy (riding gear, animation, point-of-view graphics), rougher physics, or some other tradeoff.

Another thing I've noticed, although I'm only about 20% complete, is that it seems there's never more than one opponent nearby. No crowded dives into turn one anywhere (so far, anyway.) That was certainly intentional as well, and I think is why we have these HUGE separations in the rolling start positions.

I've noted some slow down when three bikes and riders are on the screen at the same time. I believe the rolling starts with the 5 second gaps between riders was because of that.

I'd like to see more non-Honda bikes. I'm sick of winning Hondas and I was thoroughly disgusted by the ending movie. After I watched that I was wondering why they didn't just call the game Hondaland. Why so much attention for the Hondas? When was the last time they won any championships?

Spectre, I think he's referring to the area outside of 50-150mph as I mentioned in another thread. The physics aren't bad when you're in the sweet spot but too slow and too fast the physics model breaks and the bikes become floaty as if the tires aren't even making contact with the pavement.

It's a good first try but I always knew PD would have trouble with bikes since suspension/tires have always been the weakest link in the GT series. With virtually no aerodynamic modifiers (as opposed to the four wheeled counterparts) that's all bikes have to affect their handling is suspension and tires. Cars have infinitely more options with adjustable downforce at their disposal.

What I'd like to see

Motorcross racing - PD put in some MX bikes, but where's the tracks to go with it?

More Bike Tracks - Only one new track got added into the game. Why aren't there any specific bike tracks in the game?

Wheelies

Now for bike adds:

MTT Turbine
http://www.marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp -
The world's most powerful superbike (but isn't the fastest).

Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
http://www.pashnit.com/bikes/hayabusa.htm
Does 245+ MPH mean anythin to you

Companies

US
Harley Davision - Sure they make hogs, but they've also done some sport bikes, too.
Indian - There's something to be said about these fine cruisers.
Legend - New motorcycle manufacturer. Chances are PD will add them into the next game. We all know how they like to throw in some cool up and comers.
Dodge - What was that V-10 concept bike again?

Europe
Truimph - Damn good bikes
Ducati - Nuff said

Japan - No more. I think you already got everyone, anyways.

Eras and classes

Early 1960's to early 1970's
500cc BMX - They don't make these bikes anymore because race officials banned them
WWII German bikes - These are just cool in the way they handle themselves.
ATV's - What do you think?

Harleys and the Isle of Mann. Yes, I want to ride a Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide around the TT circuit on Mad Sunday. Make is so, PD!

What about flattrack racing?Harley and Honda race on the 1 mile tracks and everyone eles races on the shorter tracks.And how about online?Not having any mods makes it perfect for fare online racing.👍

Since I have a pretty open mind on most things, I think TT is very good, the one thing I dislike is the cockpit view. In TT2, I would like a clearer cockpit and here is my BIGGEST BEEF with the game, no MPH displayed on the speedo. Hell, even the budget title $14.99 Superbikes TT had this done perfectly. What do you guys think?

Some of them do. I've seen analog tach/digital something, both analog, tach only. I've also seen bars that block the view of what may be gauges.

Things I'd like to see in TT2...

• An expansion of the non-Japanese line-up

• More variants and model-years of the current line-up

• A great variety bikes, including customs and cruisers

• More race bikes, especially from MotoGP and SBK

• A more balanced lineup of riding gear. At the moment it seems there are far more helmets available than are leathers, gloves, and boots

• More real world tracks

Ducatista

• A more balanced lineup of riding gear. At the moment it seems there are far more helmets available than are leathers, gloves, and boots

Amen to that. Way too many black/white/grey/red helmets that look exactly the same. Hell I don't think there is even a single pair of green boots or gloves. But for some odd reason we need 20 black helmets, as if 10 weren't good enough.

Ya the colors available (bikes/leathers) are very repetitive.:indiff: I know that most bike only come in about four basic colors in stock form...but at least spice up the racebikes with multiple color options.

DR Motard
Cruisers in a racing sim? :banghead:

"Riding" sim, not racing sim. :) Same as the GT series. If you ever watched a video about it, it was made not just for the racing, but the pure passion of driving. Same for TT. :sly:

astroman
👍 Well it just come out the first one in US but how about a thread of what would you like to see on Tourist trophy 2?

1) More supermoto bikes (KTM,Husqvarna,Husaberg,Honda CRF / XR650 etc)

2) Supermoto tracks with 30% dirt section with a couple jumps and berms...

3)Drag racing or at least quarter of mile testing facility. (im not a big fan of drag racing but it hink would be fun!

4)More classic Japanese and european bikes...

examples?

Yamaha: FZ750, FJ1100,FZR1000,FZR750 OW01,R7, TRX850,TDR250,SZR660, RD350YPVS,XTX660,FZ600fazer, FZ1000Fazer,

Suzuki: GSXR750 any older models,GSXR1100,Bandit 1200, RGV250, TLR1000, SV650/1000

Kawasaki: H2 750, Z900, GPz750/1100, ZX1000 Tomcat, ZZR1100, ZXR 750, ZX9R, z1300, GPz750 TUrbo,

Honda: CB1100R, VF750F, CBR900RR (first blade) CBR400RR, older NSR 250, RC30, RC45,VTR1000SP1/2, Bros650, Hornet600,

Ducati: Monster, Supersport1000, F1 750, 851, 888, 916, ST3,Supermono, Multistrada, Hypermotard

same for Aprilia, BMW, Triumph etc...

I would like to see modification shop like the one on GT. The game would be double the fan if you know that you can play with a load of modified parts for better perfomance.. (maybe get $$$ by winning Races?)

Real physics for all the bikes... At the monent the only bikes you can do wheelies or powerslide are the bike supersports.. Well i used to have a NSR250 Proarm and this thing used to wheelie 1st and 2nd gear no problem...

Different weather condtions.. and the choise to pick wet tires or intermetiate before the race. Also the weather could be interactive so by the mid race the rain can stop and you have to save your wet tires before the give up (How is that for Simulation????????)

How about real padocks... if you want changes you enter the padocks like any real bike does on the racetrack.

that's for now

Please submit your sugestions:tup:
Astroman you are a supermotojunkie! It does seem like they should be able to manage the physics of supermoto, anyway that would just be excellent.

Aside form the sm stuff I think you hit most of the points I'd add, I'd also like to see (ok so it's not realistic) a practice mode where you can replay a corner. Hey wth, why not? Otherwise, this is the closest thing to riding a bike on a track. There are the normal issues, but in this case they're smaller than ever before.

Little GT I wish they'd kept include reverse tracks, and at least one more column in the garage (bike list) view (so you can see, e.g. displacement and power at the same time). Also they should have kept track of the "acquisition order". Even if they don't have a day counter, they still ought to be able to number your bikes sequentially based on when you got them.

I didn't keep a diary for my first game, but I'm thinking of restarting soon since I can't remember where I won which (non-challenge) bikes, and what order I got them in. At least knowing which ones I got recently would help.

In fact, in GT4 I often check my cars in "acquired date" order; then the ones I got recently are at the bottom.

These aren't very imaginative suggestions, but I hope they are fixed.

I like that when you change exhausts there is a new style on the bike...
I hope they expand on that so you can mod the streetbikes some more. Like removing fairings, headlight design. Personalize them more.

Still working on TT but for TT2 I would like:
1) Somebody (like Logitech) to develop a motorcycle controller that's as good as the DFP is for GT4.
2) More on track competition.
3) The ability to create your own championships. Like you can do in TOCA Race Driver 3
4) More custom options with the bikes & gear...colors, graphics etc.

Hey these are the same sorts of things I'd like to see for GT5

Things I don't want: Dirt. I haven't gotten to any off-road races and hope I don't. If they do put them in I hope they're on a completely separate career path and I don't have to play them to progress through the game. I hate the GT4 rally events. Maybe a totally separate game would be the best option for thoase that like to "do it in the dirt".

More gear!

I want helmets from Shark, Suomy, Vemar, KBC with changable visors.
Jackets from Alpinestars, Joe Rocket
Boots from Sidi

Latest Posts

Back