Tune for Autobacs Garaiya GT300 base model '08

• Thread starter ellmcspoon
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
ellmcspoon
Loved the '03 version of this in gt5 but can't seem to get this one to feel right, I'm an absolute tuning numpty so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Didn't get any replies :( so I had a go myself, using another GT300 car tune as a base. Feels stable and balanced under breaking and during turn in, but still suffering from too much oversteer on exit, even with my ridiculous 35 initial torque setting!

Any feedback/help would be very useful!!!

I drive with a driving force gt with all aids off.

Autobacs garaiya GT300 '08 base model

550PP / 431BHP / 1175kg

Tyres: Racing Hard

Suspension:
Ride height 70 70
Spring rate 18.74 / 16.86
Dampers (comp) 4 / 5
Dampers (ext) 4 / 5
ARB 2 / 3
Camber 0.5 / 0.9
Toe +0.05 / +0.10

Brakes: 3 / 5

LSD 35 / 20 / 30

Downforce: 200 / 350

The mid-engine cars are tough to get right in GT6. I tried installing my GT-5 tune on a Toyota MR-S and it was terrible even though the tune was rock solid in GT-5. I finally started completely fresh and found a tune that worked well in GT-6. One thing that I found that benefited the car more than anything else was adding ballast and moving it to the front of the car to get closer to a 50:50 ratio. This tamed the rear end wanting to come around during both braking and throttle application. It seems a little counter-intuitive but it worked for me. I also tend to run a heavy front brake bias along the lines of 7/2.

I'll check it out in a few minutes.

I only use ballast as a last resort. Karts are the only time I've used it so far in GT6.

Cheers for the input rampage! And juice it would be really good to hear what you think of the setup, I'm also reluctant to use ballast but I'm very tempted to try it this time.

Cheers for the input rampage! And juice it would be really good to hear what you think of the setup, I'm also reluctant to use ballast but I'm very tempted to try it this time.

Well, I thought I bought the car but it turns out I bought and tuned the painted model and you have the unpainted one. I don't know if they are different. I also tuned it with SRF on and it came out perfect. I tried it with SRF off and it has to be re-tuned. So between the two, I gave up.

I've spent most of my time with Forza in the past. When I got the game I preferred the cars I tried with SRF on so that's what I went with. Now that I have read the forums for a while, turns out most people run SRF off. So I'm still dealing with that issue.

Things I would try...LSD 7/ 8 to 16 / 30
Lower or raise the front or back ride height.
Increase or decrease either spring rate.
Don't go to the extreme end of any scale in the suspension section except minimal roll bar.

I wish I could be more precise, but half the cars in this game respond to some changes backwards. I don't remember if this is a normal car or not.

Last edited:
Rear ride height 65
Front camber 0.9
Rear camber 0.0
Acceleration Sensitivity 10
Downforce front 150

Try those and don't forget to adjust your gearing, not much to play with in 6th if still stock.

This is now so much better, thanks everyone for your input. BeeBee those last few tweaks made a massive difference! I will put up the finished tune now

Autobacs Garaiya GT300 '08 - RH

550pp - 431 bhp, 1175kg

Suspension:
Ride height - 70 / 65
Spring rate - 18.64 / 16.76
Dampers (comp) - 4 / 5
Dampers (ext) - 4 / 5
ARB - 2 / 3
Camber - 0.9 / 0.0
Toe - 0.05 / 0.10

Brake balance 7 / 2

LSD:
Initial - 35 (I know...)
Acceleration - 10
Braking - 30

Aero:
Front - 150
Rear - 350

Car now handles really nicely, balanced and composed.
Credit to everyone who assisted with this tune!

Any feedback welcome

Pretty sure it was the RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 which I've just noticed was actually tuned by Bee_Bee9 as well! So to be fair he deserves most of the credit!

Last edited:

550pp - 431 bhp, 1175kg

Suspension:
Ride height - 70 / 65
Dampers (comp) - 4 / 5
Dampers (ext) - 4 / 5
ARB - 2 / 3
Camber - 0.9 / 0.0
Toe - 0.05 / 0.10

Brake balance 7 / 2

LSD:
Initial - 35 (I know...)
Acceleration - 10
Braking - 30

Aero:
Front - 150
Rear - 350

Any feedback welcome

I wish all the MR racers would behave as well as this. Love the handling. Best tune I've found so far & I'm on a DS3 with Vers.1.00. I'm not on the net yet :-(

550pp - 431 bhp, 1175kg

Suspension:
Ride height - 70 / 65
Dampers (comp) - 4 / 5
Dampers (ext) - 4 / 5
ARB - 2 / 3
Camber - 0.9 / 0.0
Toe - 0.05 / 0.10

Brake balance 7 / 2

LSD:
Initial - 35 (I know...)
Acceleration - 10
Braking - 30

Aero:
Front - 150
Rear - 350

Any feedback welcome
I can't believe this tune/car hasn't even given more credit.
I reckon it's a great car with the motor given a Stage 3 tune up.

Back