Tune help please- Nissan Fairlady Z432 replica

• Thread starter CJorex
  • 3 comments
Australia
Melbourne
CJorex
Ok, so I'm trying to create a replica tune of one of my dream cars, the Nissan Fairlady Z432, based on the Fairlady 240ZG. What I have so far is as follows:

Suspension: All stock (Z432 has same suspension as standard)
Drivetrain: Standard
Power: Racing Exhaust, Limiter 98.2% (160bhp)
Body: Stage 3 Weight Reduction, 182kg ballast @31% (In-game 52% front dist, close as possible to real-life distribution of 52.4%)

So, the main problem I am having is the gearbox, and having the correct top speed. The real-life Z432 has the same gearbox as the C10 'Hakosuka' GT-R, which is the same as the standard 240zg but with a 4.444 final drive This has the following ratios:

Final 4.444

I wish to change the final drive, but the only way to do so is to install a fully-customisable transmission. For the 240ZG, this is a 6-speed. This is a problem, because the real-life car only has a five-speed. This can be remedied, however, by tuning the sixth gear so it is unusable by pushing it to the far left. The main problem is that I can not have the real-life gear ratios while also having an accurate top speed. In this case, the top speed should be 210 km/h (130mph). I have tried setting the gearbox many different ways, however it always ends the same; either bouncing off the limiter at 196 km/h or hitting it at 230km/h (This is in 5th gear). I can not seem to get at top speed within these bounds without resorting to inaccurate gear ratios (Which, of course, should be avoided if possible since this is a replica tune).

So, I ask; How may I keep my accurate gear ratios while maintaining an accurate top speed? I suspect it is not possible, and that all cars are programmed with a higher top speed than in real life. I might test some stock cars with known top speed and see if this is the case. Either way, if anyone can help me with my dilemma, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, I will probably just not worry about it. I will report back soon with my findings testing other cars.
Thank you very much in advance for any help.

EDIT: Also, if anyone knows more about this car and can give suggestions on how to improve in other areas, or just has a question in general they wish to ask, please feel free to do so! I am happy to improve this tune in any way.

Okay, so I tested a few cars at SSRX, and all of them were significantly faster than in in real life. One car had a top speed 23.5% greater than what it was sold with. I suppose I should have expected this, given all the other inaccuracies in this game. Anyway, I'm just going to put a few finishing touches on this tune, and then I will publish it for everyone to use.

Thats going to be tricky, I wish they made the game with more transmission setups than the 6 speed because not all cars perform good will alot of gears.To solve your problem, two gears will need to acts as one gear, meaning those two gears will need to shift act an exact rpm. In this case it will give of a 5 speed but not quite. I have this problem with cars with very wide bands and a 6 speed trans mission setup which becomes annoying since I cannot have them shifting the way I want to without sacrificing acceleration.

Back