Tuned street production cars against GT3 / Group-3.

• Thread starter Michael88
  • 27 comments
Austria
Nicest part of hell
There is a thread about beating GT-4 (Group-4) cars with tuned street production cars. Now I can't help but wonder how many here have tried and managed to beat Group-3 / GT3 events with their tuned street production cars.

It can be done but it's certainly very hard - I use hard racing tires, no NOS, difficulty set to normal - and so far I won the 10 Laps at Spa Francorchamps and Daytona events against GT-3 (Group 3) cars with my Dodge Viper 2013 SRT tuned to 755PP and my 2002 Dodge Viper GTS at 746PP. Tried those events with my TVR Speed 6 at around 745PP but I can't quite match the speed of the GT3's.

Anyone else having luck with their tuned cars against the GT3 monsters?

Last edited:
Nope. I can't even enter those events without a #RacingCar.

How did you make your 2002 Viper GTS eligible for the event?

Required PP is 730 or Less?

Sorry

I think you meant the WTC800...use practically anything capable of an engine swap.

Last edited:
I've done the WTC800's with swap and non-swap cars, they just don't pay enough to keep me doing them.
20221231_222624.jpg
20221231_215040.jpg

Totally... just not worth the time invested to the payout you get.

Although I'm pretty sure I knocked em off with the 4 rotor swapped RX7... It absolutely wails and sips fuel like a four-banger! She doesn't even need a drink on the LeMans grind!

Last edited:
While it is not difficult for me to win the WTC 700 races with tuned and customized street cars I find it rather difficult to do the same in the WTC 800...the Ptolem ist the fuel mapping...almost all my PP800 cars drink too mich, too be competitive

Don't care so much about the payout, since i own pretty much all the cars I like to have except some the LCD cars worth more than 7 000 000-and I don't bother to grind for them...

With fuel it's pretty hard to find the right cars. Ferrari Enzo is a great one at Sardegna for example. Super fast and ok on fuel and tires.

As stated, the problem isn't the performance, a lot of road legal tuned cars can destroy Gr.3 cars. It's the fuel consumption and I also notice the tyres don't last as much either.

However, a 800pp FXX-K or Zonda R can destroy them. Seems like those pseudo road-race cars can do the job just fine and it's easy to manage fuel with them, especially the Zonda R.

Did not write the Zonda because it's not a road car. ;-) And Enzo still better in this regards than the other Ferraris.

I think I can do the 800PP 1 hour race at Spa with one of the tuned Vipers. I do 2:13-2:15 laps with them using racing hard slicks, which is considerably faster than what the AI GT3's can do.

I would have to pit maybe 4 times in the race depending on the rain - but the AI is woefully bad in wet conditions, always choosing the wrong tires and slowing down without any reason - with GT3 cars I usually win at least 1-1.5 laps ahead of the AI. I think it can be done.- And its worth doing it since the payout is good.

Last edited:
I reduce difficulty when using road cars to mitigate fuel consumption issues.

Prefer opportunity to use range of cars on different circuits.

B80
I reduce difficulty when using road cars to mitigate fuel consumption issues.

Prefer opportunity to use range of cars on different circuits.
Changing difficulty has an effect on fuel consumption? Guess I learned something new today!

Changing difficulty has an effect on fuel consumption? Guess I learned something new today!
No mate. Just means if playing on easy, making extra stops for fuel isn't such an issue, as cpu is slower...

It's possible, i've managed to complete Sardegna in 1st using these:

Fully tuned Viper GTS with 690HP
Ferrari F40 fully tuned This car would be on par with Gr.2 if the handling wasn't so twitchy, it's actually far too OP for Gr.3
Fully tuned R33 GTR in LM Spec
Fully Tuned Diablo GT
Fully Tuned C4 Corvette
Corvette C6 in C6R spec
Lamborghini Murcielago fully tuned in RGT Spec

Did Le Mans 700 in:

Porsche 993 CS RS tuned to GT2 spec
And a Diablo GT tuned to GTR spec

Last edited:
It's possible, i've managed to complete Sardegna in 1st using these:

Fully tuned Viper GTS with 690HP
Ferrari F40 fully tuned This car would be on par with Gr.2 if the handling wasn't so twitchy, it's actually far too OP for Gr.3
Fully tuned R33 GTR in LM Spec
Fully Tuned Diablo GT
Fully Tuned C4 Corvette
Corvette C6 in C6R spec
Lamborghini Murcielago fully tuned in RGT Spec

Did Le Mans 700 in:

Porsche 993 CS RS tuned to GT2 spec
And a Diablo GT tuned to GTR spec
On hard difficulty?

I've been trying this recently. I came close to winning the Spa 800 with an engine swapped DeLorean and a 1994 R32 that I first won Menu Book 39 with. In both races I made some clear mistakes like not changing the R32's soft tires in the pit or falling victim to snap oversteer in the DeLorean and my engine swapped RX-7. I also tried the Trans Am without aero parts. I usually wind up in the top three unless I drop out.
The Le Mans 700 is no problem. I even won that the other day in the Ford Roadster. It was the funniest looking thing, this old car just puttering along, mopping the floor with group 3 and 4 sports cars.
If I can get my hands on the 917k before it sells out, I'm going to run that at Spa for a while.

Sardegna can be done on Normal and Hard, but you have to get 5 laps minimum from a tank and run I believe 1:39 averages in order to win/be close to a win on hard, with some 1:36's or better mixed in as well. In those cases you'll probably hang around 8-4th place until lap 4, then jump up a spot, and then you need to bump the fuel mapping up a bit and close the gap as much as possible, but I think everyone ahead of you will be pitting after 5 as well. You really need to get 6 laps on hard if you want to win with a comfortable margin of 10sec or more. That way you pit after 6/12, get a full tank, and run FM3/4 when needed to close any gaps.

McLaren F1 can do it on hard. I've done it with the F50 but that was before the physics change in 1.23 when that was still the fastest road car in its class; haven't really tried since. Porsche GT1 Strassen, but that's essentially a race car without the #race tag. Key is to drop the Power Restrictor and keep the ECU high as you want the torque to peak as early as possible and you have to do some extreme short-shifting in some of these cars, like as low as 4000rpm. You have to tune around these constraints and the low front downforce that will limit the speed you can carry through corners. I like a \/0.15 or higher front toe with a low front/high rear ride height so I can freely roll around those 90 degree corners without being on the gas, which takes some practice to get the brake-release right so that you carry good speed while rolling around corners without slamming into barriers & have a good launch angle. It's different for every car, though the principle is the same.

Essentially you have to setup cars and learn a driving style that's probably totally different than anything you're used to just to run road cars at Sardegna on Hard/Normal. I still do it from time to time, but I'm so burnt out on the game/the same three races I usually just put it on easy and run what I want to try to have fun.

@shadow0460 Try to get the 917k before it leaves... It's a really great car that is good for some of these events. Only bad thing is the downforce is lower than many super cars, but its 50+ years old, so understandable. Either that or the F1... Both are awesome, F1 is a little more versatile as it can win all three of the races that matter (though the 917k can too if you run Sardegna on easy). Boy does it hurt buying those cars though!

Last edited:
Success! I took the R32 to Spa and Sardegna today and embarrassed the AI with it. The DeLorean needs me getting used to it. The 917k belongs in a junkyard, lol. I'm sure it was a great car back in its day.
I probably won't be able to snag the F1 this time around.

Last edited:
There is a thread about beating GT-4 (Group-4) cars with tuned street production cars. Now I can't help but wonder how many here have tried and managed to beat Group-3 / GT3 events with their tuned street production cars.

It can be done but it's certainly very hard - I use hard racing tires, no NOS, difficulty set to normal - and so far I won the 10 Laps at Spa Francorchamps and Daytona events against GT-3 (Group 3) cars with my Dodge Viper 2013 SRT tuned to 755PP and my 2002 Dodge Viper GTS at 746PP. Tried those events with my TVR Speed 6 at around 745PP but I can't quite match the speed of the GT3's.

Anyone else having luck with their tuned cars against the GT3 monsters?
The new Alpha Romeo Giulia is a definite contender with the right kinda tune and tires 🍻

I've built my Ferrari F12berlinetta and Pagani Huayra into winners at Sardegna WTC800 race. You have to be really early on brakes and you have to run them at FM=6, but their top speed is so much higher than the Gr.3 cars it just eats them up on the straights.

20970518804069106-jpg.1210081

It's really easy to beat them with any car you can get up to about 620pp. It's the gas tank size that is the issue. I've tried so many underpowered cars on the Lemans 700pp race for an extra challenge and it's just a matter of pit strategy.

It's really easy to beat them with any car you can get up to about 620pp. It's the gas tank size that is the issue. I've tried so many underpowered cars on the Lemans 700pp race for an extra challenge and it's just a matter of pit strategy.
620pp or 720pp? The lowest pp of any of the Gr.3 cars is 710, so I can't see how a 90pp deficit wouldn't be a major disadvantage.

Back