Tuner and Stock Simultaneous Race Suzuka Tuner 680pp-Rev Stock-700pp Normal

United States
United States
hoodrich902
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a race this on Sept. 3. at 2:00pm-5:00pm East Time (US & Canada) Reversed and Normal on Suzuka at the same time. The car list would include 8 Tuned and 8 Stock the problem is i have know idea what cars to choose so id like to have some of you decide.

At the start of the race the Tuner cars will line up in the opposite direction. The Tuner car with the most pp will got to the back and the ones with lower pp go to the front. After 1 min the race will begin. 3-5 laps depending on the laps GT allows us. The stock cars will be forced to pit if the tuner cars do not have enough time to finish their race.

I honestly just want to test this out to see how it works i know there's going to be people in the race who have no idea whats going on when they see have the cars tuning around. What i could do is make a list of psn id's and ill sendyou all messages about the race and how things are going.

36+ psn ids would make a nice list. If anyone is interested my psn id is hoodrich902 and my yahoo id is ricollins2118@yahoo my msn is juviblock4@msn ill be on both that day plus ill be watching my ps3 for messages so dont hesitate to ask me some questions about restrictions and such.

Im new here but id hope to see this particular topic get alot of attention because i plan on having a special race ever Wednesday its my only guaranteed day off from work.

If you have idea's for the carlist and restrictions post them and feel free to leave you psn id.

Doesn't the cars going into opposite direction turn into "ghosts"? If so, then what's the purpose in racing, because no one has to choose different lines or plan overtakes? It would be like a time trial.

why not just race in the same direction? there are races series with diffrent classes that run togeather all the time.

Doesn't the cars going into opposite direction turn into "ghosts"? If so, then what's the purpose in racing, because no one has to choose different lines or plan overtakes? It would be like a time trial.

Plus, i think the other drivers in the field will get annoyed with a group of cars driving in the wrong direction. Could give gtp drivers a bad name.

Last edited:
why not just race in the same direction? there are races series with diffrent classes that run togeather all the time.

i thought about doing that at first but i wasnt sure if it was going to work because everyone would be running each other over. This is jjust a test though ive never tried this before but eventually i want to have all the blemishes removed it can all be in the same direction thats not a problem.

i thought about doing that at first but i wasnt sure if it was going to work because everyone would be running each other over. This is jjust a test though ive never tried this before but eventually i want to have all the blemishes removed it can all be in the same direction thats not a problem.

I like the idea of different class races, though obviously you're concerned about the starting procedures since as you said, you don't want the event to transcend into chaos. Why not give a separate starting time for the two classes, those who compete on Tuned cars start normally, those on stock move over safely until the Tuned cars clears and starts like 30 seconds after or vice versa depending on preference. It's pretty much the standard we do for the less than 700pp races on Suzuka (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110151) to avoid causing chaos for those with 750pp.

Car wise, its best to find cars that are equivalent with each other to make the most of the event (closer racing). Make a shortlist of what people want to drive first, the most popular choice would be the benchmark for other cars and people can test out accordingly and give feedback whether its good or bad. If you plan for people to follow a set specification on the tuning (like for example everyone must use R2 tyres, suspension settings must be this etc.), post them on the front page for everyone to see to make it easier.

Back