Tuner Car Grand Prix Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter ProOne
  • 25 comments
  • 7,630 views
Messages
42
I have all golds in the Beginner Events and all of the races in Professional Events, except for one event, the Tuner Car Grand Prix. I've bought and modded almost 20 cars trying to win just one race in this event, or even break the top 3, but nothing helps. I've tried different modifications, even differnt B-Spec settings, but I always end up near, if not at, the bottom. This is getting more than just a little frustrating. :banghead:

Any help, such as car choice, mods, or even how to sit while i race, would be greatly appreciated.
 
Nevermind. About two hours after I posted this thread, I went back and used the M-B Touring car and won on the first attempt. I kept trying to use fully modded tuners with almost 1000 turbocharged horsepower, but a good old naturally aspired car won. :)
 
I used the HPA R32 and did pretty good.
 
I took it first try with a 69" Camaro...503 pony's!

That RUF car gave me a fit though...had to rub some paint to win a few races.
 
RX-8 LM was used here! Man did it spank the other cars. I first tried using a 394 HP '92 NSX-R with some mild tuning...enough to spank most other somewhat modded cars but man, I go spanked when I tried to race it. Therefore, I looked for my best car at the time, the RX-8 LM and breezed through the race. The Option Stream Z car you win is crazy! ***Waiting...waiting...waiting....3200 RPM....SPOOOOOL....and from there on out, either you control the tirespin or burn out for the next 4 gears (all 6 if you do it right).***
 
woow that car you win sounds very very very amazing. Can't wait to buy GT4 (coming wednesday, or if it's sold-out Friday)
 
BlazinXtreme
I used the HPA R32 and did pretty good.

I thought the R32 up'ed the AI competition quite a bit! Once you put in a 500 hp monster like that... you're racing the Skyline R34 Tuners. When I tried it the first round in a mildly tuned Evo 8, the competition was much more forgiving.
 
i need to try out and see if there is a way to turn off the pit stop menu that takes you from going three time sthe speed to live view??? anyone?
 
I need help too about this event. I got all my licenses from B to S but when I'm entering the grand-prix, I can't race in A-Spec cause it say that I dont have the required license....

What's the deal ??

[EDIT] Finally, I didnt have the license A...
 
hardrockgolfer2
i need to try out and see if there is a way to turn off the pit stop menu that takes you from going three time sthe speed to live view??? anyone?
Way to go trying to hijack a thread with a question that is only found around 5000 times on the board. Try that Search thing at the top.
 
I'm starting GT4 and purchased the TRD Celica ( about $25000 I think ) . Will it qualify as a Tuner model, and will it be powerful enough to win that Tuner Grand Prix ?
 
I doubt you'll win with that tbh, it should qualify but you'll be up against faste cars.
 
ProOne
Nevermind. About two hours after I posted this thread, I went back and used the M-B Touring car and won on the first attempt. I kept trying to use fully modded tuners with almost 1000 turbocharged horsepower, but a good old naturally aspired car won. :)
Yup, there were a couple of races in GT3 where I simply could not win no matter how much I tuned the cars. Basically, it came down to handling - they were fast, but on balance, a lesser powered car was able to win the race with a combination of decent speed and great handling.
 
By the way...the car you use for this doesn't have to be an actual TUNER car...that is to say, it doesn't have to be a car tuned by a company or have any special decals or anything. You can use pretty much ANY car...
 
Yep, you can use any car but I think it has to have been tuned at least by you, basically as long as the car you want to use isn't stock.
 
live4speed
Yep, you can use any car but I think it has to have been tuned at least by you, basically as long as the car you want to use isn't stock.

Ohh...hmm...guess I never tried to enter a stock car lol
 
live4speed
Yep, you can use any car but I think it has to have been tuned at least by you, basically as long as the car you want to use isn't stock.

Oh I see, so any car with at least a weight reduction stage 1 should qualify for that serie.
By the way, then they should have named the serie tuned cars grand prix instead of tuner cars grand prix.
I'm afraid my Celica TRD won't stand a chance.
 
The Option Z you win is fast as hell, especially with stage 4 :) But if you wreck it sucks because 1st gear takes an eternity, I think it has the worst turbo lag of any car in GT4.
 
zr2man
The Option Z you win is fast as hell, especially with stage 4 :) But if you wreck it sucks because 1st gear takes an eternity, I think it has the worst turbo lag of any car in GT4.

Hahaha. That's why you don't use it unless you have to do the Like The Wind race.
 
i hate that option Z. it's fine for a straight line or whatever, but still...
 
I used my trusty GT-Limited FC. I've put so many miles on that car . . . .
 
i finished that battle with my mildly mod S2000 (310ps) And i won those race easily, first i was struggle when i am using S tires, but after i put R tires, everything solved

as i think that race is pretty tight and fun, but what i am concern as i read the previous post. do the rivals change if i use a more powerful car? like what happen when i enter that race with a 500-600 R34 GTR.
since i am really having fun with that battle, as i raced twice already
 
I took the MAZDA RX-8 Concept LM Race Car '01 that I had just won in the Mazda RX-8 Cup and went and won all the races in the Tuner Cup.

I made no mods to it - it just flies! Great car. I had won the Mazda RX-8 Cup using a MAZDA RX-8 Concept (Type-I) '01 that I won for beating the Skyline in the Tsukuba Circuit Wet (Easy) which I won using a MAZDA Mazdaspeed6 '05 which I won for the Clubman Cup.

I'm keeping a diary of which cars I won a race series with, and the prize cars for the series of course. :) As you can see, I tend to mix up my races a lot - no just ploughing thru the races in a particular order. And yes, I like Mazdas, I own a 2001 Mazda Miata MX-5 BRG Special Edition in real life! 👍
 
Try qualifying first and then simply put it sideways in the corners - no space to overtake. I haven't tried it though.
 
Back