Tuners vs Tuned

England
In Front of GT4
I've been on arcade mode more recently, and having driven a lot of cars i thought i'd try some of the tuned cars from Amuse, Spoon, HKS etc. after trying the Amuse S2000 R1 '04 i thought "blimey, this car is really good," after all i'd set a new personal best round Tskuba Wet in it, and led a race by so much of a margin i pitted three times in fifteen laps for fresher tyres to still win by about thirty seconds.
so i immediately went to GT mode to but the car, when i noticed it was $130000(ish). now, to most that isnt a lot, and it is only a game, but for a car that isnt a real world beater i think its really expensive. so i thought, "i'll build my own," bought an S2000 from the used dealer, and went to cost out the tuning.

it costed roughly the same.

after all that, my car is faster than the Amuse, for about the same money, but i just thought its a bit stupid that tuning a car to high performance is so much that you could buy something similar for the same.

anyone else had experiences like this?

The cars in GT are reflective of their real life prices.

Sure you could build an S2000 for cheaper and have it just as fast, but are you prepared to put in the months of work to get the car to that level?

It's be way different if shop time was included in the GT Tuning store.:lol:

just another twist to the story; i needed a boxer engine car to do the boxer engine races, so i bought a second hand Subaru Prodrive '01. made a few modifications (brakes, lightened it, flywheel and shaft etc) and got hammered, couldn't keep up at all. so i made some more modifications, (engine power) and still couldn't pose a significant threat, so i went all out, power output to 463bhp, super close gearing, LSD, brake controller, not every tuning thing, but quite a lot, and absolutely owned all the races. it was quite a shock to go from being really uncompetitive to "Vettel effect"

Back