Tuning a challenger

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chaz_
  • 4 comments
  • 814 views
Messages
9
Messages
xCh4rL13x
I've got a 70 Dodge Challenger and I've noticed i can only get it to hit about 127 before it redlined. I tried using a 5 speed but that gears are a lot shorter with that and I can only hit 105 before it redlines. Can I tune it somehow to make to top speed faster? Thanks
 
You'll want to buy the full customization gearbox so you can change the final drive (oddly enough, the "full customization" doesn't actually allow that).

Welcome to the 'Planet!
 
Wow! That made a world of a differnce. I can now put my 750 horsepower to work lol. Thanks
 
I used that car for a bronze. Tip is do not let it hit the revlimiter keepb it 100rpm below and you can go quicker.
 
That is a carry-over, SlipZtrEm. You'd think that buying a new diff would give you the option of a new rear-end gear, but you only get that option if you buy the fully customizable gearbox. In addition, simply buying a close-ratio performance gearbox often drops the top speed, for some weird reason (and that is a carry-over, too). In olden days, the final gearbox ratio was always 1:1, straight through, so the top speed wouldn't be changed, and with modern gearboxes having overdrive ratios, a new box could theoretically give a faster top speed without changing the final drive gear. But not in Gran Turismo. ;-)
 
Back