Tuning Approach and Setup

• Thread starter SirMendes
  • 10 comments
Portugal
Moita
Hello all,

I've started playing GT Sport just a few weeks ago, and there are some stuff that raised questions since the very beginning, so maybe you all could give me more insight regarding it.

Related to brake balance I usually use the below 'recipe' and do the adjust accordingly (up/down depending on car and track in use) but don't know if is the correct approach.

MR Gr4: + (rear)
MR Gr3: - (front)
FR Gr3/Gr4: + (rear)
4WD Gr4: + (rear)
FF Gr4: + (rear)

Other questions are that every time I get a new car I do the below upgrade:

Power level: 1 -> 2 -> 3
Weight reduction: 1 -> 2 -> 3

Is it Ok to do this all the time or should I do any particular check ?
And for suspension and transmission, is Ok to leave the default parameters, because for daily races or nations cup (for example) the
BoP aplies, so does it even mather if I change the parameters or not ?

Thanks in advance for all the insights.

For brake balance you have 2 things to take in account.

1- You can use it to give more eagerness to the front end entering a turn and use some trail braking technique , or to reduce this tendency for a given car that have this behavior already.

2- You can reduce the tyre wear of a car , balancing the brakes to the opposite of the maximum waste of the tyres.

FF & FR normally have more waste on the front tyres and are a bit lazy showing some under steer as a predominant behaviors:
So you can set a + positive Brake balance sending more braking power on the rear brakes , saving some front tyres waste and increase the trail braking capacity taking out some laziness of the front end.

MR & RR normally have more waste on the rear tyres and the rear can show a tendency of oversteer under strong braking entering a corner:
So you can set a - negative brake balance , sending more braking power on the front brakes , that will save some rear tyres waste and calm down the rear end under brake entering a corner.

For the power and weight , it's up to you or up to the rules of the room you're racing in.

All the others parameters like suspension , differential and transmission are important too , but the stock settings are ok in most of the cases to start with.

For brake balance you have 2 things to take in account.

For the power and weight , it's up to you or up to the rules of the room you're racing in.

All the others parameters like suspension , differential and transmission are important too , but the stock settings are ok in most of the cases to start with.

Hi @praiano63 ,
Thanks for the info.

But regarding these settings, is it advisable to do the upgrade and/or change parameter values even when BoP is applied ? Because my concern is that if by doing the upgrade (e.g.1 -> 2 -> 3) I can really gain (or even loose) some edge in comparing to other cars that don't do this upgrade.

Thanks.

Hi @praiano63 ,
Thanks for the info.

But regarding these settings, is it advisable to do the upgrade and/or change parameter values even when BoP is applied ? Because my concern is that if by doing the upgrade (e.g.1 -> 2 -> 3) I can really gain (or even loose) some edge in comparing to other cars that don't do this upgrade.

Thanks.
You can use BOP (balance of performance) for power and weight only and let all the settings parameters open. Just need to allow "settings" when opening your room and set balance of performance ON.

Hello,
But my question was mainly regarding races were the BOP is set ON (e.g.daily races or nations cup) and if in this cases tuning changes is something that can have any advantage/disadvantage or not

Hello,
But my question was mainly regarding races were the BOP is set ON (e.g.daily races or nations cup) and if in this cases tuning changes is something that can have any advantage/disadvantage or not
no.

Hello,
Settings are not allowed in daily races or FIA nations or FIA manufacturer .. If i remember well we had only one FIA race with tuning allowed , on tsukuba and austin mini.
If it was allowed ,of course you will have any kind of advantage to race with a special setting taylored for the track.

Hello all,
Thanks for the feedback.
Regarding in particular the below upgrade:

This settings changes have any kind of impact even on BOP races?

Thanks.

Hello all,
Thanks for the feedback.
Regarding in particular the below upgrade:

This settings changes have any kind of impact even on BOP races?

Thanks.
images

Praiano is correct in the usage of brake balance but most cars are a little different even in the same type. Drive the car, see what it needs first. Even try with no abs, any over/under steer will be pronounced.
Regarding upgrades, only buy what you need, eg. Some cars only need level 2 weight reduction to reach min weight, so buying level 3 is a waste of mp.

Back