Tuning bug or physics bug?

• Thread starter zodicus
  • 13 comments
Zodicus / GTP_Zodicus
Xbox me no like
Ive come to realize something rather odd in GT5P and im not sure whats going on. If someone has the time try this out. Take the M3, DB9, STI RA 07,evo 9 and 10 both vipers, and the tuned 350Z and enter these settings.

Ride hight - as low as you can F/R
spring- 8/6
damper 4/6
Toe- -.25/+.25
camber- 2.5/ 1.1
brakes 5/4
turn angle- 42 deg
TCS- off
ABS- 2

play with the power and weight ( I favored weight over power)
and mess with the gears if needed most of the time just lowering the final will work. The only one thats got downforce its the 350Z and I just left that alone where ever it was.

You will feel some differance between the cars but they all handle fantastic, whats up with that?

It's a driver bug I think. The M3, Evos, WRX and 350Z will understeer too much with those settings compared to what they could be made to do. That might work on the Vipers and DB9, but again that rear toe is a bit extreme even for them possibly making understeer with those spring rates. Sorry to be harsh. They might be better than stock, but they're not the best they can be with those settings.

Have you tried those settings in online play? If you did then that may very well be a bug. I noticed that, no matter how well I do my practice runs and totally familiarize with the course, the online game physics seem to be slightly different. I'll definitely try those settings tonight.

It's a driver bug I think. The M3, Evos, WRX and 350Z will understeer too much with those settings compared to what they could be made to do. That might work on the Vipers and DB9, but again that rear toe is a bit extreme even for them possibly making understeer with those spring rates. Sorry to be harsh. They might be better than stock, but they're not the best they can be with those settings.

mabye you should try them the WRX is anything but tight and neither is the M3 the 350 dosnt kick the tail out wildly or anything but its not tight.

mabye you should try them the WRX is anything but tight and neither is the M3 the 350 dosnt kick the tail out wildly or anything but its not tight.

They might be OK, but I bet they can be better is what I'm saying.

I may not be a "tuning shop" but I do take pride in my set ups. I came to this set up initially through a long long tuning session with the WRX, I then just tried it on one of the others ( i don't remember witch). So Its not like I just stuck some random numbers in there.

If you don't wont to try the set ups then don't comment on them. Its pretty ignorant to just look at a set up and think you can say meh it might be OK. You should know that everything works together. Ive had a car that was way to loose and then I went down one click in the front damping and it was perfect. If you do try them Enter them in as posted, Ive had people do that to me before. They said "well I didn't thing that was enuf rear sawybar" then they put it back and o look the set up got better.

If you still doubt it go look at my post on the STI RA some guy dropped 2sec off his best lap. I'm not saying I'm a tuning god here or anything, I just don't appreciate some one bashing my set ups that hasn't even tried them. If you didn't intend to bash next time drop the sarcasm and don't capitalize the "OK"

What on earth are you on about? Do you realise that "OK" is always spelt with capitals? Now I've driven 7 of the 8 cars you posted up there and played with the settings and remeber what they all handle like. I also know what effects what settings have quite well and how those settings will work together, so I can draw a decent picture in my head of what it will be like. I wasn't bashing you, or at least not intending to, but if you think that one setup can work in 8 cars of differering drivetrains and engines, that is a little naive. I think your settings there will work better on the RWD cars than the AWD ones. The rest is driver skill. If you're having trouble keeping the tail in check on the Scuby for instance then maybe you should practise a bit more.(Again, where I say "you" there, I don't mean Zodicus, I mean any driver in general)

Edit: And once again, I think they might all handle better than stock, but fantastic on each one is a bit of a stretch.

I have tried these for most of the cars you have listed and to be honest I would have to agree with nd 4 holden spd to a degree.

Most of the cars here on the whole will oversteer on the throttle and the settings minimise this via a stiffer front end, with an increase in grip on mid-corner with the greater front camber.

If a driver wants the oversteer tamed then they may well suit that driver, and as most would they are an improvement over stock, but they are not perfectly suited to all the cars, all drivers or all tracks (for the race tracks the ride height is fine, for other tracks its not).

I personally don't fond that generic settings work for all cars, all drivers or all tracks. These are OK, but they are a start, not a finish point. Also watch for the OK bit, a lot of people (myself included) capitalise OK as standard. It doesn;t mean anything.

Can I also ask you to change your profile, as unless you can prove that Xboxs' have homosexual tendencies then calling one Gay is not on. Change that ASAP.

Regards

Scaff

I guess to answer your question, it's not a bug, and you have indeed found some settings that will likely help cure oversteer in many many cars.

I'll give the settings a spin.

However, I am not going to experiment with the whole tuning aspect until the final version is released. For now, the settings are so basic that I don't feel like messing with them.

The full version will (should) let us adjust front and rear sway bars, LSD, tire pressure, bound, rebound, etc. That's when the real fun begins!

I'll give the settings a spin.
The full version will (should) let us adjust front and rear sway bars, LSD, tire pressure, bound, rebound, etc. That's when the real fun begins!

For one race of 1h, to be competitive u have to spend 2 or 3 time more on practice and tunning setup. For rfactor, for league that i drive, sometimes i spend 4 days playing with different setups, for qual, for race, depending on weight penalty (for winning last race) etc. to have the best setup for race.
That is a hardcore racing. Can't wait for the full release.

It's really funny to say that they all behave fantastic, because every track if different, and car setup needs to be adjusted accordingly.

U may have found something that u prefer, but that doesn't mean that others will like it. It depends on their driving stlye.

I hope to hell they get rid of the a/b/c settings pants and go back to filenames for full release. I'll need a setting, per-car, per pp level, per track.

What on earth are you on about? Do you realise that "OK" is always spelt with capitals? Now I've driven 7 of the 8 cars you posted up there and played with the settings and remeber what they all handle like. I also know what effects what settings have quite well and how those settings will work together, so I can draw a decent picture in my head of what it will be like. I wasn't bashing you, or at least not intending to, but if you think that one setup can work in 8 cars of differering drivetrains and engines, that is a little naive. I think your settings there will work better on the RWD cars than the AWD ones. The rest is driver skill. If you're having trouble keeping the tail in check on the Scuby for instance then maybe you should practise a bit more.(Again, where I say "you" there, I don't mean Zodicus, I mean any driver in general)

Edit: And once again, I think they might all handle better than stock, but fantastic on each one is a bit of a stretch.

Yep pretty much It just looked really really sacrastic to me and I had never heard of OK alsways being in caps, So I apolligize. There was no need for my rant. You do make a good point thought I should have been more spesific. For my driving style and the suzuka track all the cars handled very well. witch struck me ass odd, considering the variaon in drivetrain power and weight between them all.

Yep pretty much It just looked really really sacrastic to me and I had never heard of OK alsways being in caps, So I apolligize. There was no need for my rant. You do make a good point thought I should have been more spesific. For my driving style and the suzuka track all the cars handled very well. witch struck me ass odd, considering the variaon in drivetrain power and weight between them all.

That's OK, no hard feelings. If you were experienceing oversteer in all of them then those settings would indeed have made the cars feel better for you..

Back