Tuning bug?

• Thread starter JeffKill
  • 12 comments
JeffKill77
JeffKill
On Xbox one. While tuning a car in test drive, if I save my tune then make a few changes that I don't like and try to reload the file that I saved, it doesn't load the file and the new changes are still there.

Seems like every time I hit apply changes, it overwrites my saved tune file. When I'm not selecting save & apply. Just returning to the test drive to see the results.

Anyone else having this issue?

I saw a couple of days ago on the pc version where I saved a tune for one track then one for another track and then yet another, all different of course then I went back to one of the other tracks and loaded the tune but the car did not perform correctly. I looked at the tune and it did not look right so I loaded it again and it looked better but still failed to get the type of performance it should have had.

There was some issue in FM6 initially related to loading a tune that was fixed pretty quickly so if there is an issue there hopefully it will get ironed out right away.

On Xbox one. While tuning a car in test drive, if I save my tune then make a few changes that I don't like and try to reload the file that I saved, it doesn't load the file and the new changes are still there.

Seems like every time I hit apply changes, it overwrites my saved tune file. When I'm not selecting save & apply. Just returning to the test drive to see the results.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yep, this is definitely happening. If you try and load the file you saved it doesn't work and instead leaves you with whatever changes you made prior.

However, if you then exit test drive you'll have the correct parts/tune added from the file you just loaded

After some investigation it seems that if you are in a freeplay lobby and load a tune it either does not load at all or does not load properly.
If you however go the the tuning section on the main menu under cars and load from there it seems to work just fine.

I'll have to do some more testing to see if the issues I saw were corrected. No mention of this in the update info.
Yeah, I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes, but when I tuned a car last night I went and made a bunch of random changes, then reloaded my tune to test it, and it actually loaded it. Maybe a fluke, but it worked last night.

It's definitely not fixed. I had huge trouble with it this morning. It wouldn't seem to load my tuning setups, any of them, for a particular car no matter where or how I tried it. I tried loading them from the race menu, from the upgrade menu in the race menu, and backing out to the main menu and then loading tunes from there. None seemed to ever load.

Also, for a bit I had the game basically unlock a locked tune. I downloaded one but the race I was about to start was on an oval but the setup I downloaded was a road course setup, so I wanted to remove it. After removing the setup, all the settings remained unchanged from the downloaded setup rather than going back to default. I had to then tell it to go back to the default settings. I later tried to replicate this but was never able to reproduce the bug.

The only way I have gotten them to load properly is from the main menu, then tuning then my tunes. If you go into the actual tuning part and the choose the setup manager from there I have never saw it work correctly no matter where you do it but from My Tunes it has worked every time.

Another tuning bug I discovered the other day is that the toe is reversed for some reason -toe acts like +toe and +toe acts like -toe.
If you notice the race cars in FM7 pretty much all of them have -toe on the rear. In all previous versions they would all have +toe on the rear for stability. Now if you add +toe to the rear it makes them want to turn and destabilizes them on the straights which is exactly what should happen if you were setting -toe and the opposite of what +toe should do so keep that in mind while tuning.

Does it affect loading other people's tunes, or just your own?

I would say it is any tune though can't be 100% sure as I rarely use anyone elses tunes and when you do you can't see them to know if they loaded correctly or not.

I would say it is any tune though can't be 100% sure as I rarely use anyone elses tunes and when you do you can't see them to know if they loaded correctly or not.
True, I guess the only way to try is someone to have multiple accounts make a tune, and then download it with the other account and see if it feels the same. (kind of guesswork)

Another tuning bug I discovered the other day is that the toe is reversed for some reason -toe acts like +toe and +toe acts like -toe.
If you notice the race cars in FM7 pretty much all of them have -toe on the rear. In all previous versions they would all have +toe on the rear for stability. Now if you add +toe to the rear it makes them want to turn and destabilizes them on the straights which is exactly what should happen if you were setting -toe and the opposite of what +toe should do so keep that in mind while tuning.
It's the same as FH3.
I'm not saying it's right, but moving toe left acts as positive, and right acts as negative.

Back