Tuning cars to a fantasy trim level

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
theufc33
Sometimes I like to tune a car to a certain trim level that the manufacturer hasn’t done in real life for that specific car. Does anyone do the same? I find it fun to make adjustments suited for a set amount of performance, and the customisation in GT7 really helps with this. I just tuned an Evo X and wanted to share - if anyone also does this, feel free to post your cars in this thread, I’d love to see them ^_^

Mitsubishi Evolution Final Edition Tuned by RALLIART

7772C923-D5C7-4644-882C-38597B6D7EA6.jpeg
51B8BC50-CBE3-4AB7-BA3E-60DC2F113E44.jpeg
36761415-D296-4C41-9EB5-009340117DB8.jpeg

Last edited:
Made a NISMO Silvia today. The design is inspired by modern NISMO versions of cars (specifically the GT-R). If NISMO had a legacy branch where they took old models and gave them the modern NISMO treatment, it might look a bit like this (I also thought it was a nice “headcanon” as for why it’s anachronistic).

Nissan Silvia Spec-R NISMO Legacy Version

umqfd8n.jpg
HyAVs5t.jpg
rFjz4dl.jpg

Wanted to do a non-Japanese car this time as the last two were Japanese. Initially I was trying a “GT Sport Edition” of the GT S with gold accents as the car featured on the cover and the day one edition had a silver car with gold text, but it just looked a bit tacky.

I then thought of this, a version of the car to pay tribute to Lewis’ achievements. When I tune these cars I try to do so from the view of the manufacturer - how much road comfort would they sacrifice for lap time? Would the regular brake pads hold up under stress, like a track day, or do they need upgrading? Softer tyres to deal with more power?

Thanks to IMMORTALDOM_, mikey_vanburin and wadey80 for uploading the decals!

Mercedes-AMG GT S Lewis Hamilton ‘16

laNowMW.jpg

35m1Dme.jpg
ICePn3A.jpg

Kind of cheating again since this is more like a separate model than a trim level - though Aston sold a Vantage GT4 road car - this One-77 is homologated to GT4 specification.

But a couple of weeks back I saw a GTP member talk about how they like to create Gr.4 race cars from road models using the customisation options in the game, and I thought that was really cool.

I took a One-77 with the intent of doing the same, and then the idea to give it a British Airways livery came to me, and I thought it would go together really well, with both brands being British icons.

I was torn on giving it more sponsors as it would likely have in real life, and not making it look too busy. The only sponsors I gave it are OZ Racing since a set of their wheels are fitted, and Mobil for the fuel. Do you think I should add more sponsors, or keep it as is?
I’m not sure whether to upload it like it is now or add sponsors and then upload it. I could do both, I suppose.

British Airways Aston Martin One-77 GT4 ‘12

VdZNxyr.jpg
pawkSDu.jpg
LqGuuLx.jpg

Last edited:
Back