tuning emphasis question

  • Thread starter Thread starter robbo6
  • 3 comments
  • 684 views

robbo6

(Banned)
Messages
564
Wales
Welshman in Eng
how do people prioritise their tuning? Personally (as an ex motorcyclist) I concentrate more on corner apex speed and exit than power, so I mainly concentrate on lightening the car, better tyres (not neccessarily slicks tho), transmission/drivetrain upgrades etc etc. Only after that will I think about power and then only maybe slapping a better exhaust on.

This i think means that the Ai's shortcomings are more of a game breaker for me personally, because the Ai defends a tight line aggressively, carries hardly any corner apex speed and since a patch will back off the throttle mid corner when I get too close. This has resulted in me having to overtake on the outside of a corner more often than not, where i would prefer to be able to tuck behind a car and be confident it would do all it could to power out of the corner 100%.
 
tuning emphasis question

how do people prioritise their tuning? Personally (as an ex motorcyclist) I concentrate more on corner apex speed and exit than power, so I mainly concentrate on lightening the car, better tyres (not neccessarily slicks tho), transmission/drivetrain upgrades etc etc. Only after that will I think about power and then only maybe slapping a better exhaust on.

That sounds like upgrading rather than tuning. Buying new parts is upgrading your car rather than tuning it.

As far as what I focus on goes, I think I tend to focus on what my car is lacking most. For example, if I'm trying to take a soccer mom car and make it competitive, it's probably going to be needing more power. If it's a small planet, I'll likely want weight reduction.
 
thats still just upgrades!!!

tuning involves suspension setup, lsd, trans settings and aero. All others are bolt-ons.

Hunt the tuning forum. Lots of info there!!👍
 
It depends on whether I'm going to race it online or not, and which type of racing I'll be doing.
 
Back