Tuning for Drift?

• Thread starter Ksned
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
xtreme_racer_
Yes, Yes, Yes, I understand that pCARS was never intended for drifting, and is no where near a drifting style game, but I was wondering what cars and tunings you may use for drifting (if it has ever been tried). I am reasonably experienced in tuning, and fully understand each purpose of each modification, and understand how to get a car how I prefer it, I am just asking out of curiosity, as drifting is one of my favorite things in racing.

Thanks,

Ksned

P.S. I don't need any hate on how pCARS is not intended for drift, or how someone who enjoys drifting is rubbish at grip driving, which is highly untrue.

I am not a drifter and have never tried to tune a car to drift.

I do find it rather easy to drift in P-Cars though. I was actually having a bit of fun with the RUF RGT8 kicking out the tail and smoking the tires around the corners.

The cars drive much as you would expect the real thing to do so ...

Yes, I understand you can get the back out, but that is meager sliding, I just want to know if anyone has tried any for steep angles, or for even reverse entry type things.

I tried working on tuning the 1 Series BMW but it's too underpowered. Working on the Merc 300SEL next. I'll keep you posted.

Yes, I understand you can get the back out, but that is meager sliding, I just want to know if anyone has tried any for steep angles, or for even reverse entry type things.

I was not talking about just sliding. I was talking about controlled power oversteer.

Take the RUF RGT 8 out and give it a try rear engine, rear wheel drive, over 500 hp it wants to drift even when you don't want it to ;)

What's the question really? Can we tune to drift or is it possible to drift? If it's the latter it should be if the physics are there. It should be no different than tuning a car to drift in real life. The only thing that could cause some issues is the amount of down-force on some of the race cars, it could get snappy on transitions.

I haven't ventured out into drifting yet (in this game) not until I get the tuning down and finding the ideal machine to drift with. I'm still in the learning phase of how everything works but I can see myself getting into it in a few weeks or so but it's nice to know there are other drifters out there :).

I'd start with stiffening up the LSD as far as possible, and see what happens with the sliders at each extreme. After that, start making everything in the rear as stiff as possible, then soften up the front as far as possible... See how far you get, and be sure to share your experiences.

Back