Tuning Newbie Help!

• Thread starter maxfpower
  • 1 comments
Canada
Moncton, NB
Mr-Max-F-Power
Ok, so I have to admit I have gone since GT1 without ever learning how to tune a car properly. I took the easy way out all the time and used someone else's tunes. I have a very minimal understanding of what each setting for drivetrain and suspension actually does... I am sure there are a lot of others out there who, like me, want to learn and do for ourselves what we have been relying solely on others to do. I have learned to drive really well with the DS3 without driving aids except ABS1 since that seems to be a consensus setting from experts.

I feel I am so far behind the curve on this but I am wondering if there is one or more experienced tuners who would give a better-than-PD-does description of what increasing/decreasing each setting does, ie. Increasing camber does this simple language/Decreasing camber does this simple language

For GT5 I printed out Hami's quick guide to settings for each type of powertrain and used those pretty much as tuning gospel if you will changing nothing except occasionally fiddling with LSD settings to reduce tire spin, meaning I had no idea what I was actually changing or doing...

This may not be as simple as how I make it sound but any help of this nature would be greatly appreciated!

In general the settings will do the same things as in GT5, we just don't know to what degree yet. Hami is (again) leading the charge to find out what is effective. Check his reverse engineering thread for progress.

Back