Tuning Newbie - Where to start

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I have been playing Forza for years but have never really been one for playing online, just career mode.

I want to get into tuning myself but there is something I find a bit confusing.

I like racing in the A675 category (BMW M4, Alfa Quadrifilogio). I have purchased a BMW M4 and have gone into the tuning section but it won't allow me to adjust anything without upgrading parts. The problem is when I purchase parts it then increases the class of the car (a few mods changed it to A695) so I cannot uswe the car in races at A675.

Am I missing something as I see all these other gamers that have tuned cars but have no idea how to be able to tune but keep the car at A675.

Any help would be appreciated and if it's something really obvious I've missed, please be gentle.

I have been playing Forza for years but have never really been one for playing online, just career mode.

I want to get into tuning myself but there is something I find a bit confusing.

I like racing in the A675 category (BMW M4, Alfa Quadrifilogio). I have purchased a BMW M4 and have gone into the tuning section but it won't allow me to adjust anything without upgrading parts. The problem is when I purchase parts it then increases the class of the car (a few mods changed it to A695) so I cannot uswe the car in races at A675.

Am I missing something as I see all these other gamers that have tuned cars but have no idea how to be able to tune but keep the car at A675.

Any help would be appreciated and if it's something really obvious I've missed, please be gentle.
Unfortunately there are some cars that, even when stock, are basically at the max PI for that class. At that point, if you want to use it and keep it homologated you're going to have to keep it stock. Before you do that, before you get to the actual customization garage, try reverting the car pack to Stock to see if that might free up some points for you to do something yourself. The option for that should be in the menu where you select things like Tune, Customize, and the like.

If you want to be able to actually change the tune in the settings, some parts will open up the selections available in the tuning menu. Off the top of my head I know Race suspension will let you change things from Toe, Camber, Caster, ride height and bump rebound/dampening. Race transmission will let you individually change the gearing. A race differential will allow you to change the LSD settings. Applying the Forza Aero will allow you to change front/rear downforce. I think that's it for the most part.

I just bumped PJTierney's tuning post. It has tons of info. I find tuning a bit confusing as well. Sometimes it's just easiest to download someone else's tune. One of the most popular tuners is Raceboy77. After finishing a race, hit X to check the leaderboards. Scroll through the leaders, and eventually you will find someone with his tune on one of the cars in that Car Division. Hit A and it will give you the option to "download tune". Then later go into your garage, choose that car the tune is for, and go to Upgrades and Tunes menu, choose My Tunes, and you should see that tune that you downloaded, and you can then apply it to that car. Remember tunes are available for THAT MODEL CAR ONLY, exactly.

I just bumped PJTierney's tuning post. It has tons of info. I find tuning a bit confusing as well. Sometimes it's just easiest to download someone else's tune. One of the most popular tuners is Raceboy77. After finishing a race, hit X to check the leaderboards. Scroll through the leaders, and eventually you will find someone with his tune on one of the cars in that Car Division. Hit A and it will give you the option to "download tune". Then later go into your garage, choose that car the tune is for, and go to Upgrades and Tunes menu, choose My Tunes, and you should see that tune that you downloaded, and you can then apply it to that car. Remember tunes are available for THAT MODEL CAR ONLY, exactly.

Thanks for the reply, I have been using other peoples tunes with great success hence the reason I'm interested in doing it myself. Normally find myself in the top 100 times on the leaderboard.

Raceboy77 tunes are ok, an excellent starting point but there are a lot of much better ones out there. Gregster tune for the 2011 HSV at Monza is awesome. Raceboy77 tunes are a bit too loose on exits.

Yeah I agree, "what works for some, may not work for others". I joined this site so I could get the most out of my Forza 7 Ultimate Edition. I have not been disappointed. A lot of the regular contributors and people who post here have some great tips and important information so that I do get the most out of this game. If you dig through the previous posts you'll get a lot more out of the game as well. Many of the top Painters, Tuners, and Racers are GTPlanet members. Good luck

Back