Tuning Newbie

• Thread starter cioccolata
  • 11 comments
I have a question about tuning. I am new to the Gran Turismo game and have been going through with just stock cars or getting tuning information online. I would love to get into tuning cars, and there is a lot of great info online. I have read a lot of the information out there and understand most of it.
My question is, with a fairly new driver getting into tuning, I understand when you change one thing on the car and then go in and change something else, it may or may not affect the last thing or something else you tuned. How do you know your tuned car is acting the way it should if say you cannot control the car the same way every time you go into a corner?
Say you go into a certain corner a little faster or slower or hit the brakes a little harder or softer or don't hit the optimum driving line every single time. If you change something on the car and don't exactly repeat the same driving condition every time, how do you know if your tuned car is better or worse?
Sorry for the long winded question.

Gord

After a while you will be making changes that only effect handling. You can test one setup against another by driving a number of laps with each setup. You can either compare average laps or fastest laps. One thing I do is drive one setup until I feel I have gone as fast as I can with it, then I drive the other setup and try and go faster. If I go faster, I switch setups and try and go faster. To start with, the speed is coming from driving better, eventually you might notice one setup is more difficult than the other to go fast with.

Welcome To Gran Turismo & :gtpflag:

Checkout these garage's, you will find some great tunes and help if you need it just ask!!!

Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Motor City Tunes GT6

Bowtie's Speed Shop : Team Vette vs Team Viper!

ROCKSTIFF GT6 TUNING GARAGE, NOW OPEN - NEW TUNES ADDED

Cheers Smiley.gif

I particularly buy the car and test. to see how it behaves. after that buy the parts to achieve particular performance. after friend many hours and days of testing .seja welcome.

One thing that helps, when your having trouble seeing the effect of a single change, is to temporarily be drastic with the change.
If changing something 1 degree at a time seems to do nothing, which is usually the case, change it 3, or 4, then test it. You should see the direction your adjustment is heading, and be able to feel if its too far, or getting better.
Also, unless your going to do like 30 laps and average them out each time, basing changes on lap times is a bad idea. And time costly.
Pick any track that has some decent curves for testing changes, and literally just feel it out. How does the car feel while driving? Is it fighting you, or are you fighting the track? How hard do you have to work to perform back to back cornering sections? Does it seem like your working too hard? Its all about feel.
I have driven some tunes by others that work, that have great revues by lots of people, but just feel like it shouldn't be as hard as it is to do what its doing. I think some people get lost in theorys just a bit too much, and forget that not everything works the same on every car. Now, alot of that isn't anyones fault, lots of gt6 cars are just not programed right, but the fault isn't the point.
FEEL your tests, screw times, time testing is for fine tuning. You watch lap times once you DO get to the near-finnished product, and are tweaking decimal points to shave 1/4 seconds, ect.
Blah, rambled again. Hope I gave you a different aspect of thought then you had before, it will help.

Back