Tuning/physics - online/offline difference?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JB PLAYER 1
  • 8 comments
  • 957 views
Messages
17
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
JB_PLAYER_1
After a year off I have got back into GT5 on a much larger scale that previously. I am practicing for a league and tuning a setup.

my question is, I vaguely remember something to do with online/offfline physics that effect setups??

Im tuning my car and practicsing offline, is this a waste of time as it all changes online? I have a feeling this has changed as they feel the same to me now. Am I OK tuning a setup offline ready to use online though?

Thanks in advance 👍
 
I personally couldn't help you, but this thread pretty much covers your queries. ;)

A handpicked quote from the thread:

There's less grip online, so understeer and oversteer would be greater. So if you manage to overcome these things online, there should be no problem offline.

Sorry if it's not much help, it's the best I could conjure up. :lol:
 
V2.08 and V2.09 updates finally brought online and offline physics to a point that they are nearly identical. Before those updates you would have wanted to test and tune online for cars you planned to race online. Now you should be okay doing most of your tuning and practice offline though I would still recommend putting in a few laps online to confirm that your setup doesn't have any surprise issues.👍👍
 
That'll do me, thanks both for quick and helpful replies 👍
 
why is there a physics differrence between online and offline?
 
why is there a physics differrence between online and offline?

Don't quote me on this, but I think it's because one of them is much more realistic. Which one though(?), I have no idea. :sly:
 
why is there a physics differrence between online and offline?

V2.08 and V2.09 updates finally brought online and offline physics to a point that they are nearly identical. Before those updates you would have wanted to test and tune online for cars you planned to race online. Now you should be okay doing most of your tuning and practice offline though I would still recommend putting in a few laps online to confirm that your setup doesn't have any surprise issues.👍👍

Already answered...
 
I think he meant in pre-tense.

Ie. Why were the physics different(?).

I'm not sure though. :p

yup. that was my question.
 
Back