Tuning Process In-Game

• Thread starter dniederer
  • 5 comments
dniederer
dniederer
Hey all,

New to the forums, skim over them from time to time but feel the need to start talking as it seems to be a great community :D

I have a quick question regarding the tuning process in GT5. I'm finding it a bit tedious to tune and load up a new race, tune and reload, tune and reload. It becomes tiring especially when you want to make the most subtle differences in values.

My question is, what process do you use to tune? do you feel the same way? so far the best way I've found is to enter practice mode and just restart the round if I need to make an adjustment but like I said if you're making subtle changes it becomes tiresome and sometimes difficult to notice the change if you're unable to test it right away in real time.

I guess I was just used to the *other* two games that are out now that have real time tuning. Is there a quicker way in GT5 that maybe I haven't realized, unlocked or found yet?

The best way to fix your problem dniederer is to go to your private lounge, select the track you want to use and start testing and tuning. You don't have to wait for the track to reload every time you exit.

I hope that helps Dude :) 👍

I just go into practice, run a couple laps, tune, run a couple laps, and repeat as necessary. I would tune online, but my interweb is crap. If you can tune online I would do it, as most people who will use your tune will be racing it online. The simulated tire wear and fuel weight affect have large affects of your car, and it's hard to tune for them offline.

GT5 tuning can be a bit tedious but I find it more fun and rewarding than the other games, especially when I take a lame car an make her drive with the best.

If you ever race online, then it's essential you build and test your cars there too. As per other threads and conversations on this forum, fuel load, tyre wear and deformation are present online and absent offline. Plus it's by far the easiest way to test. You can switch between cars, adjust settings and change track without having to crash back to 'desktop' every time...

{Cy}

Back