Tuning Process

gokartman78

Mika
Premium
Switzerland
Brankston
gokartman
I was wondering , what is the most effective way to get a decent setup on a car? I race in real life and i can feel the changes i have made (like camber, castor, toe etc) and the difference they make but i dont have the consistency/feeling to replicate the same kind of conditions in GT%. So i have realised i need to take a different approach at tuning.
I came here to see what you guys do and the process's that you all go through to get that perfect setup.

I mainly was wondering about this because i am a touring car series with very closely matched cars (so setup is key) and because i wanted to find out the way you all go about looking for a well balanced and fast car.

Unlike some of the other tuners around here I don't have a set formula for how I tune. I'll use a basic pattern of settings I've found works fairly well for most cars. Then I'll start fine tuning various settings. Much like you with your real life cars it is a process of feeling the changes and observing the differences in on track performance. Depending on the car it can be more or less time intensive but for me this is the only way I can get a car to drive the way I want it to.

Personally I don't think there is any magic formula that will crank out perfect tunes. What you find is certain basic things that will most times help get you started in the right direction. After that it just a matter of spending the time trying small changes with a lot of track time to get the best tune for you.

Unlike some of the tuners around here, I do it like XDesperado does.

When I didn't have any reference settings, I had to do a lot of testing to see what did what. Luckily you have the luxury of having a full tuner scene with a catalogue of tunes. 👍

yea, i was trying to look for one for an infiniti G35. its a slow car but i just can't get the consistency. thanks for the imput, i will get a little sheet out and make not of the changes and effects, cheers guys :)

Welcome to tuning. As a fellow real world racer, I can tell you that some concepts from the real world translate to GT5 and others just don't. Just like any car that I have tuned in the real world, there is always that one whacky thing that you try that makes zero sense on paper, but made the car handle like on rails.

Best advice from me is to read first. Check out the stickies at the top of the tuning forum. GT tuning guides, tuning garage database, the ultimate GT5 link collection for tuning. I also have a tuning guide for beginners posted in my signature below. And an abosulte must read in my opinion is the opening post of the LSD Guide Summaries also in my sig below.

After you've read a year and a half of the thoeries, it's time to try some tunes from the thread, Every Tune That Exists is in This Thread. Find some tuners that kinda fit your driving style, then set out to try to improve them to better fit you.

I was wondering , what is the most effective way to get a decent setup on a car? I race in real life and i can feel the changes i have made (like camber, castor, toe etc) and the difference they make but i dont have the consistency/feeling to replicate the same kind of conditions in GT%. So i have realised i need to take a different approach at tuning.
I came here to see what you guys do and the process's that you all go through to get that perfect setup.

I mainly was wondering about this because i am a touring car series with very closely matched cars (so setup is key) and because i wanted to find out the way you all go about looking for a well balanced and fast car.
Set Camber and Toe to 0 and try not to lag wreck everyone

Back