Tuning Questions

United States
Florida - USA
Flsurffisher
Hey guys. Have a couple tuning questions for you.

1) How big a difference are the online physics vs. the arcade physics? Tuned the Tuscan speed 6 in arcade. Took it online and it didn't seem to behave the same.

2) Weight reduction vs. Not. I'm gonna guess there's a big school of thought difference here. When it comes to PP it's the same, but Im guessing the addition of different power parts will make a difference.

3) Tubo vs. Engine upgrades - I'm guessing another big school of thought difference here. There probably isn't one RIGHT answer. I'm wondering which makes a bigger speed/acceleration difference in cornering and straights? Thinking the engine helps the cornering and turbo the straights.

4) Understanding low/mid/high rpm turbo. Thinking it's best suited to track and which gear you'll be in the most. Low RPM if you'll be mostly in 1st/2nd gear, mid for 3-4 and high for 5 and above.

Thanks for your help guys! Greatly appreciated as I learn to be a better tuner!

BTW my Lancia Delta is down to 1:06.363 in the seasonal with only ABS 1! Looking to tune it under 1:05.5

PP is figured on a bell curve.
For most street cars optimum results are found with weight between 900-1000kg.
Obviously many cars can't get into that weight range but reducing weight to get closer to it will almost always give better performance than adding power to reach a given PP.
On the Power side of things both HP and Torque are figured into the PP equation.
Because of this picking which parts you add can make a big difference. Adding something like a small or medium turbo will bump the torque up, but that bump will occur at lower rpms which may make it harder to utilize.

To add to XDesperado67's post, the RPM adders that will give you more PP per HP are engine tuning, computer, cat, exhaust and high rev turbo.

2) Weight reduction vs. Not. I'm gonna guess there's a big school of thought difference here. When it comes to PP it's the same, but Im guessing the addition of different power parts will make a difference.

3) Tubo vs. Engine upgrades - I'm guessing another big school of thought difference here. There probably isn't one RIGHT answer. I'm wondering which makes a bigger speed/acceleration difference in cornering and straights? Thinking the engine helps the cornering and turbo the straights.

4) Understanding low/mid/high rpm turbo. Thinking it's best suited to track and which gear you'll be in the most. Low RPM if you'll be mostly in 1st/2nd gear, mid for 3-4 and high for 5 and above.

I offered up my theory of these in my tuning guide. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/#post-9003797

Working through the suspension suggestions now and hope to start posting by the end of this weekend.

Back