Tuning Required

• Thread starter Waspy
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all, can anyone help me understand how I can resolve this? When I open the screen to select a car, I get a yellow flashing warning with a crossed hammer and spanner symbol (photo attached)It's an indication that tuning is required but I can't figure out what action I need to take. I'm familiar with elective tuning in general terms but the flashing yellow seems to suggest that maintenance is required. I've looked in the Tuning Shop and GT Auto, as I'd expect there to be an option but can't find anything

Attachments

• 20220802_114816.jpg
    20220802_114816.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 82
Hi all, can anyone help me understand how I can resolve this? When I open the screen to select a car, I get a yellow flashing warning with a crossed hammer and spanner symbol (photo attached)It's an indication that tuning is required but I can't figure out what action I need to take. I'm familiar with elective tuning in general terms but the flashing yellow seems to suggest that maintenance is required. I've looked in the Tuning Shop and GT Auto, as I'd expect there to be an option but can't find anything
It means the car exceeds one of the limits of the race in which you're trying to enter it - maximum power, minimum weight, maximum PP - but you have already purchased sufficient parts to adjust it to come in at under the limit, and need to do so in order to enter it in the race.

Just to add onto what Famine has already said, having the wrong tyres on will also result in the yellow flash as well. For example, having dirt tyres equipped when trying to enter a tarmac event, or having Racing tyres when the event disallows them.

On the main race menu it has highlighted in red the parameter that you aren’t in compliance with. I’d suggest you change into the car and see what the issue is and then change it in the settings! As @XSquareStickIt says, it could be simply the tyres are wrong as the Gr.4 cars have RH by default so you may be trying to enter a race that only allows sports tyres!

FYI it would be a big help if you let us know what race you are trying to enter

It means that the car technically can be used on the race in question but some settings don't meet the specific requirements of that race, usually meaning:
  • PP limit
  • Tires (some races restrict the kind of tires you can use)
  • Nitro (some races don't allow nitro, p.ex you can't use the Superformula at Sardegna 15 lap or Spa 1 hour, because the default OTS system that increases fuel flow temporarily is considered as a Nitro system)

Late to the party here but I don't think any of these are definitive. Eg I'm entering a turbo only race and i can enter cars that are flashing yellow as well as those that are not without making any changes.
PP is 700 max all my cars showing under this value some turbo cars flash some don't but I can enter them all no changes.
Every NA car flashes and ALL are ineligible. Half the turbos flash but ALL are eligible.
Is there a manual for this lol?

Is there a manual for this lol?
While I do agree that many games really could require a better introduction to the core mechanics or controls, GT7 actually is pretty self explanatory.

Whatever is making your current car invalid for the selected event, you will see it in the sceen just before you actually can enter the event in question:

Only Turbo cars
1705956945928.png

Only FR USA Road car
1705957023833.png

wrong tyre, wrong category
1705957053581.png

wrong tyre, not enough power
1705957133395.png

And in case you wonder about the category, this can be found in almost every information window when a car is selected.
Garage:
1705957246360.png

Used cars dealer:
1705957291883.png

Legendary cars dealer:
1705957331831.png

And Brand Central:
1705957390435.png

If you cant figure it out for any reason I did not explain well, please just provide a screenshot in which it shows you cant enter.

If you've just come from the Tuning Shop, remember the last part you purchased from each category will be installed on the car. That may have put you in isolation of the rules for the race you're trying to enter. Select that car anyway and install the parts you had previously.

Last edited:
Back