Tuning Secrets!

i have a little trick when it comes to choosing the right gear tuning for a racing tranny. if you have a full blown race car with all top of the line parts listen up cuz ths helps me out alot.
1. set the bottom meter all the way to the right.
2.set the actual gears(1-5 or 1-6) all the way to the right.
3. play around with the final ratio until your satisfied.

this gives you
OVERALL performance with less worry about resetting ratios which is a pain. try it out and tell me what you think.

this is how i do it.

bring the final all the to the right.
then bring the auto all the way up.
bring gears 1-6 to the left as far as they can go.
then just bring the final down if u need to. :lambo:

I only move the bottom meter to the right or left depending in the track I'm racing in test Course Althe way to the right Cote 'd Azur almost all the way to the left

The richimoto "should have been an engineer" method: I go to machine test, move the auto setting all the way to wide, then set all ratios all the way to the left. 1-6,7 and the final ratio. then I turn it loose. What happens next is the car accelerates quickly to a point, then the acceleration slows down. You are still gaining speed, but not quickly enough to matter. This gives you an idea of the areodynamic limit. horsepower vs. drag. I then move the final ratio back towards the right, and begin moving the gears to the right to find out how quickly I can get to that areodynamic limit. Long story short, I find that for a sweet turbo car, put all of your 1-6,7 gears all the way to the left, then adjust the final. For you Vitz fans, your guess is as good as mine, but I had some success with low ratio gearing in the econoboxes.

I set my Gears ratios like this:
1st gear:>
2nd Gear:>
3rd Gear:>
4th Gear:<
5th Gear:<
6th Gear:<
set ikt like this you accelarition and top speed

Back