Tuning settings F1 2021 Fanatec DD pro 8nm

• Thread starter rs31985
  • 15 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Dear all,

since 4 weeks i have the dd pro 8nm with F1 V2 wheel for PS4.

I am still struggling with the tuning menu settings. I can’t find the right setup settings for F1 2021.

On forums you see many people giving there tuning setups for gran tourismo 7 but i don’t see F1 2021 setups.

I don’t really like the recommended settings from fanatec for 2021.

I really appreciate if you guys here in the forum can reply me with your settings?!
So I can try different setups.

at the moment my setup is:

Sen 320
ffb 100
ffs peak
ndp 40
nfr 6
nin off
fei 100
spr 100
dif 100

in game
ffb 65
on track 15
rest is 5
wheeldamp 0

steeringangle 320

thanks guys

Dear all,

since 4 weeks i have the dd pro 8nm with F1 V2 wheel for PS4.

I am still struggling with the tuning menu settings. I can’t find the right setup settings for F1 2021.

On forums you see many people giving there tuning setups for gran tourismo 7 but i don’t see F1 2021 setups.

I don’t really like the recommended settings from fanatec for 2021.

I really appreciate if you guys here in the forum can reply me with your settings?!
So I can try different setups.

at the moment my setup is:

Sen 320
ffb 100
ffs peak
ndp 40
nfr 6
nin off
fei 100
spr 100
dif 100

in game
ffb 65
on track 15
rest is 5
wheeldamp 0

steeringangle 320

thanks guys
Hi,

Can you describe what you don't like about the settings? Or what you want it to feel/behave like?

Hi,

Can you describe what you don't like about the settings? Or what you want it to feel/behave like?
what i really recognize is the following:
the difference between a qualification session and a race session. in race session after 4 laps the steering is getting more heavy. offcourse i understand that in a race session the car has a lot more wheight due to the fuel. it gets so heavy that i will make mistakes because of the cramp in vingers/hands.

If i decrease the FFB setting from 100 to 80 it doesnt become less heavy. So i think it has to do with INT or FEI?

what i really recognize is the following:
the difference between a qualification session and a race session. in race session after 4 laps the steering is getting more heavy. offcourse i understand that in a race session the car has a lot more wheight due to the fuel. it gets so heavy that i will make mistakes because of the cramp in vingers/hands.

If i decrease the FFB setting from 100 to 80 it doesnt become less heavy. So i think it has to do with INT or FEI?
The steering should become lighter as you turning down the main FF setting. You can keep the 'FF' setting open on the Tuning Menu and turn it down while you drive - I'm sure you'll feel the difference.

INT and FEI don't impact the heaviness of the steering. Higher values of INT make the signal feel more 'rubbery', but the amount of 'weight' does not increase. Lower values of FEI reduce the harsh details of the signal, but again this does not impact the 'weight' of the steering.

Higher values of NDP and NFR can make the steering feel heavier, depending on how the wheel is rotating. I see you have both of these values higher than our recommended settings, so turning those down a bit could help, but the maximum resistance in a turn should also not really be affected by these values.

Maximum resistance in a turn is mainly determined by the in-game FFB slider, and the Tuning Menu FF setting, so you should turn one or both of these down more if you find the steering to be too heavy in a race.

Many thanks! You mean rubbery like less smooth? I would like kind to feel more smooth, so decrease the nfr to 0 and what about the INT to get more smooth feel ?

The steering should become lighter as you turning down the main FF setting. You can keep the 'FF' setting open on the Tuning Menu and turn it down while you drive - I'm sure you'll feel the difference.

INT and FEI don't impact the heaviness of the steering. Higher values of INT make the signal feel more 'rubbery', but the amount of 'weight' does not increase. Lower values of FEI reduce the harsh details of the signal, but again this does not impact the 'weight' of the steering.

Higher values of NDP and NFR can make the steering feel heavier, depending on how the wheel is rotating. I see you have both of these values higher than our recommended settings, so turning those down a bit could help, but the maximum resistance in a turn should also not really be affected by these values.

Maximum resistance in a turn is mainly determined by the in-game FFB slider, and the Tuning Menu FF setting, so you should turn one or both of these down more if you find the steering to be too heavy in a race.
Many thanks! You mean rubbery like less smooth? I would like kind to feel more smooth, so decrease the nfr to 0 and what about the INT to get more smooth feel ?

No I mean more smooth. I use the term 'rubbery' because that's what it feels like to me as you turn up INT. It depends massively on the game though. The FFB signal from rF2 and ACC for example is extremely detailed and can feel too 'rough' without interpolation on a direct drive motor. Other games have a smoother signal by default and don't need much (or any) interpolation. It's also completely personal preference, some people want the most raw information from the physics and leave INT off all the time, others think it feels too unnatural or 'digital'.

You should drive around with INT open on the Tuning Menu. Then change the values while you drive. The difference should be very obvious.

If you want a really 'smooth' feel then you can turn down FEI, but this setting does not retain as much detail as turning up INT.

Basically, running INT anywhere above zero and FEI anywhere below 100 is going to start masking some detail, and it's the detail that is one of the key advantages of direct drive. So I would avoid going too high on INT, and only reduce FEI if you think it's absolutely necessary.

No I mean more smooth. I use the term 'rubbery' because that's what it feels like to me as you turn up INT. It depends massively on the game though. The FFB signal from rF2 and ACC for example is extremely detailed and can feel too 'rough' without interpolation on a direct drive motor. Other games have a smoother signal by default and don't need much (or any) interpolation. It's also completely personal preference, some people want the most raw information from the physics and leave INT off all the time, others think it feels too unnatural or 'digital'.

You should drive around with INT open on the Tuning Menu. Then change the values while you drive. The difference should be very obvious.

If you want a really 'smooth' feel then you can turn down FEI, but this setting does not retain as much detail as turning up INT.

Basically, running INT anywhere above zero and FEI anywhere below 100 is going to start masking some detail, and it's the detail that is one of the key advantages of direct drive. So I would avoid going too high on INT, and only reduce FEI if you think it's absolutely necessary.
I only play F1, I don’t know the feeling with other race games.

What are the recommended settings for the PS4 Direct drive pro with the F1 V2.5 wheel?

I only play F1, I don’t know the feeling with other race games.
Then you are missing out. :)

What are the recommended settings for the PS4 Direct drive pro with the F1 V2.5 wheel?
You said in your original post that you don't like the recommended settings? This is why I have offered you some tips on what to change and how to experiment while you drive so that you find something that suits you.

You said in your original post that you don't like the recommended settings? This is why I have offered you some tips on what to change and how to experiment while you drive so that you find something that suits

Last edited:
You mentioned earlier that my settings which I showed in the first message that my settings are higher in terms of NDP and nfr than recommended. But on Fanatec site my settings are the same except SEN, I have 320 instead of 360

You said in your original post that you don't like the recommended settings? This is why I have offered you some tips on what to change and how to experiment while you drive so that you find something that suits you.
You mentioned earlier that my settings which I showed in the first message that my settings are higher in terms of NDP and nfr than recommended. But on Fanatec site my settings are the same except SEN, I have 320 instead of 360

Attachments

• EB88EDC0-7B94-4DCA-9851-46B15DFB2415.png
    EB88EDC0-7B94-4DCA-9851-46B15DFB2415.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 78
Back