Tuning sheet (thoughts?)

• Thread starter Nicktrix
  • 5 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hi,

I'm creating a tuning sheet so i can visualize it. I got the information from the internet for most part. But i'm not to sure about how to counter under-/oversteer with compression and expansion. I think it works the way like in my sheet, but i could be wrong. Maybe you people can look at it and tell me your thoughts 😄

1000011090.jpg

This has been my go-to guide for a while. It used to be elsewhere on the net and I think I found it via someone at GTP years ago.

Dampers are complicated, and often misunderstood (you can get several sources online disagreeing).

This has been my go-to guide for a while. It used to be elsewhere on the net and I think I found it via someone at GTP years ago.

Dampers are complicated, and often misunderstood (you can get several sources online disagreeing).

I learned you got to check how the weight forces move, but when i can't visualize it, my head gets blurry. But this article will get me there i think. Thnx.

Looked at the article and realize i totally forgot about the bump-moment. I have read that before. And besides that, i'm thinking to much about how to adjust the dampers without trying. Trial & Error is always the best way to go 🫠

Yeah, lots of testing is definitely required. Dampers are a very personal setting between drivers.

I usually start with them at full soft and gradually increase until I'm happy, as a baseline. Then if needed I do the corner phase tuning, as a second stage.

Yeah, lots of testing is definitely required. Dampers are a very personal setting between drivers.

I usually start with them at full soft and gradually increase until I'm happy, as a baseline. Then if needed I do the corner phase tuning, as a second stage.
I think i leave the dampers on standard with the fully customisable suspension and go stiffer in steps of 5 first.. If i don't like it, i'll go back till satisfied

Also depending on what it looks like the car needs. But i think standard dampers settings never really failed me, so to save time i'll start with standard settings and go stiffer if possible.

Last edited:
Back